[SOLVED] PC turns on but there is no signal to monitor

Apr 21, 2020
I just finished building my first PC yesterday and it seems to be working fine. All the fans are spinning and the lights on the case turn on but my monitor says there’s so signal and then just goes to sleep. My motherboard does not have any lights and doesn’t beep when i take out the RAM and turn it on. Heres what i’ve tried so far...
Connecting the PC to different monitors using different cords
Checked to make sure everything is plugged in (i’ve taken everything apart and put it back together 3 times now)
i’ve cleaned the stick of RAM and inserted it into different slots on the motherboard
connected the DVI cable to the graphics card and onboard graphics
Took out the battery on the motherboard and reset it
Unplugged the power cord from the PC and held the power button on the case for 60 seconds

I haven’t tried to switch out the power source yet because I don’t have another one so i just want to make sure there’s nothing else i can try before i buy a new psu. Also i’ve turned on my PC and plugged my phone into all the USB slots but none of them charge my phone.

Apr 21, 2020
I just finished building my first PC yesterday and it seems to be working fine. All the fans are spinning and the lights on the case turn on but my monitor says there’s so signal and then just goes to sleep. My motherboard does not have any lights and doesn’t beep when i take out the RAM and turn it on. Heres what i’ve tried so far...
Connecting the PC to different monitors using different cords
Checked to make sure everything is plugged in (i’ve taken everything apart and put it back together 3 times now)
i’ve cleaned the stick of RAM and inserted it into different slots on the motherboard
connected the DVI cable to the graphics card and onboard graphics
Took out the battery on the motherboard and reset it
Unplugged the power cord from the PC and held the power button on the case for 60 seconds

I haven’t tried to switch out the power source yet because I don’t have another one so i just want to make sure there’s nothing else i can try before i buy a new psu. Also i’ve turned on my PC and plugged my phone into all the USB slots but none of them charge my phone.

Apr 21, 2020
Was the computer unplugged when you removed the battery from the motherboard?
Can you list the parts in your computer?
I think the computer was unplugged but I will do it again to make sure. Here is the parts list...
OLOy DDR4 RAM 8GB
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core
Venus 450W ATX Power supply
Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Motherboard
Dell Firepro 3D V800 1GB PCI-E DVI Dual port workstation Graphics Card
SATA 500GB Hard Drive

I think the computer was unplugged but I will do it again to make sure. Here is the parts list...
OLOy DDR4 RAM 8GB
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core
Venus 450W ATX Power supply
Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Motherboard
Dell Firepro 3D V800 1GB PCI-E DVI Dual port workstation Graphics Card
SATA 500GB Hard Drive
Check again, is your GPU called Dell Firepro V800?
Are you certain Windows 10 has the drivers for your graphics card?
Do you have a spare graphics card to swap out and test your new setup?

Apr 21, 2020
Check again, is your GPU called Dell Firepro V800?
Are you certain Windows 10 has the drivers for your graphics card?
Do you have a spare graphics card to swap out and test your new setup?
I tried resetting the motherboard again this time making sure the PC was unplugged but still the same issue. My GPU is the Dell Firepro V4800 and i believe windows 10 has the drivers for it. Also i do not have a spare graphics card to swap out.

techngro

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
What kind of monitor do you have? Are you using a HDTV? The only time that I've had a similar issue is when my computer tried to boot to my BIOS and the 4K TV I use as a monitor was unable to receive the signal. A subsequent BIOS update fixed the issue, but for the first 6 months or so, I had to plug in an old monitor if I wanted to see the BIOS screen.

Related to that, I had an issue where windows was trying to scan my hard drive on boot because it was failing. But each time, it was the same issue as trying to see the BIOS, my monitor would show no signal even though the computer was actually working.

Apr 21, 2020
What kind of monitor do you have? Are you using a HDTV? The only time that I've had a similar issue is when my computer tried to boot to my BIOS and the 4K TV I use as a monitor was unable to receive the signal. A subsequent BIOS update fixed the issue, but for the first 6 months or so, I had to plug in an old monitor if I wanted to see the BIOS screen.

Related to that, I had an issue where windows was trying to scan my hard drive on boot because it was failing. But each time, it was the same issue as trying to see the BIOS, my monitor would show no signal even though the computer was actually working.
I’m using a hp LV2311 monitor it’s nothing fancy it definitely does not have 4K and it’s not a HDTV just a simple monitor.

Apr 21, 2020
Although i suspect your video card is the source of the problem, you can try booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS. Also double check the RAM sticks are pushed all the way down into their slots, at both ends.
I double checked and my RAM is pushed all the way down. I just tried booting without any drives and still the same issue. I tried troubleshooting my video card by plugging the DVI cable into the motherboard and removing the video card. are there other ways to troubleshoot it ?

I double checked and my RAM is pushed all the way down. I just tried booting without any drives and still the same issue. I tried troubleshooting my video card by plugging the DVI cable into the motherboard and removing the video card. are there other ways to troubleshoot it ?
I can not think of any other ways to troubleshoot your system but here is a checklist you can look through for ideas.

Bassplate

Reputable
Try booting Up your system only using one RAM Stick....maybe disconnect your GPU also and reset your Bios(Using the Jumper method).
Connect your screen to the motherboard itself and see if the system will boot up into bios(Without your Graphics card and only with one RAM stick)Just to test if its not your GPU that's faulty.
GPU's are an common problem for systems not to boot up.

techngro

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Have you tried using a different output from your GPU? You might need an adapter because your GPU has DVI and Displayport, but your monitor has DVI and VGA. There are Displayport to both DVI and VGA adapters. That might help you narrow down whether the issue is on the monitor side or the GPU side.