Build Advice PC turns on but there's no display ?

Jul 22, 2021
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Corsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB Wired Optical Mouse

I have flashed the Version 2403 BIOS successfully from the mobo website: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-model/helpdesk_bios

The computer powers on and all the fans spin up. The RAM Yellow LED passes, the CPU Red LED passes, the VGA White LED passes, but the green BOOT LED stays on. When I plug in my Keyboard and Mouse they both light up in the front USB header and back motherboard USB 3.2 Gen 1 type A slots. I have not tried other USB slots for the KB/M.

The 980 Pro is installed but has nothing installed on it. When I remove the RAM the RAM Yellow LED turns on. When I remove the GPU power cable the White VGA LED turns on. When my RAM is slotted in and my GPU is powered on both those LEDs pass.

I have tried diffent two different HDMI cables and all three HDMI slots with a working monitor. I use the HDMI cables in other applications so I know they both work. The GPU lights turn on when plugged in and the GPU fans spin for the RAM Yellow LED and CPU Red LED and then they stop spinning. The 3 AIO fans and the 2 case fans are all spinning untill the computer is turned off. The ASUS monitors automatic sleep mode turns off and the power light turns from orange to blue when the computer is turned on.

What are my next steps to get my computer to display?

Edit: So everything is working. For some reason my BIOS screen stays black untill I hit F5, then my monitor will show the BIOS menu and show me the "You sure you want to reset to default?" After I got to that screen I was able to install Win 10 and get everything running

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021
Did you ''Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (RB550FGW.CAP) using BIOSRenamer." ?

Yes. I used the .exe that comes in the zip folder to change the file name. I downloaded the .zip from the website onto the USB. Unzipped the file, ran the .exe for rename, and then moved the file to the root of the USB and deleted the .zip and extracted folder off of the USB so the USB only has the renamed Bios file