Question PC turns on by itself

_DeXTremeR_

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
Hello ,Everyone ! I have a problem with my computer and i hope you can help me with it . As you've seen in the title , The PC is turning on by itself from Sleep mode . I've tried different settings on Power Plan , but after it , tadaaa, it's alive ,waking up as a normal human being . It should be something with the source power in the house or should i try searching more deep like bios settings or i dont know . I wait for more tips from you guys , Thanks !

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
I have this happen from time to time and it's always the network card. Assuming your pc is on a network it's possibly network traffic waking your pc. In device manager, open the network adapter, choose properties, and power management. Either uncheck "allow this device to wake the computer" if you don't use WOL, or if you do use WOL, keep it checked but make sure "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" is also checked.

Hello ,Everyone ! I have a problem with my computer and i hope you can help me with it . As you've seen in the title , The PC is turning on by itself from Sleep mode . I've tried different settings on Power Plan , but after it , tadaaa, it's alive ,waking up as a normal human being . It should be something with the source power in the house or should i try searching more deep like bios settings or i dont know . I wait for more tips from you guys , Thanks !
Go through device manager device by device.
Some have a setting that allows the device to wake the computer.
Start turning those off and test.

_DeXTremeR_

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
I have this happen from time to time and it's always the network card. Assuming your pc is on a network it's possibly network traffic waking your pc. In device manager, open the network adapter, choose properties, and power management. Either uncheck "allow this device to wake the computer" if you don't use WOL, or if you do use WOL, keep it checked but make sure "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" is also checked.
I'm going to check this ...