Question Pc turns on, fans spin but no display in the monitor

May 7, 2019
I just finished building my new pc, i think everything is conected correctly and the pc turns on but there is no image displayed in the monitor, i really dont know what it could be, i have a Gigabyte B450M DS3H
A ryzen 5 2600 and a Corsair vengeance LPX 8gb 2400 MHz
Maybe the ram is not compatible with the other components, can someone help me, does someone else had the same problem?

Hi GermfreeConch4 :) There are a number of things that can cause this and it is quite common.

Ensure the Monitor is indeed functional.
Check the PCIe slots for contamination or failure.
Test the GPU in another system or swap out with a known working unit.
Check all cabling and connections to GPU
Conduct a memory test using memtest86 and test each DIMM individually.
List your PSU
Do you have POST Beeps or any LEDs lit on the MB that indicate an error during Post.
If all the above fails then check the CPU for bent pins.(unlikely)

Last edited:
Reactions: GermfreeConch4
May 7, 2019
I dont have a gpu installed to the motherboard, I thought i could run the pc with the integrated graphics, and no, there is no beeps or led lits toshow an error, i guess the only option is the bent pins, but if that is not the case, what else could it be?

May 7, 2019
I dont have a gpu installed to the motherboard, I thought i could run the pc with the integrated graphics, and no, there is no beeps or led lits toshow an error, i guess the only option is the bent pins, but if that is not the case, what else could it be?
Im using a EVGA 600 W 80+
And I connected a Hdd toshiba 1tb and a ssd kingston 240gb if it is relevant

I just checked your MB specs and yours is AMD B450 so no integrated graphics with ryzen 5 2600.
APUs do have integrated graphics.
With no GPU then no output to monitor.

Last edited:
It's a 1366 x 768 monitor, with a refresh rate of 60 or 75 Hz, so you don't need too much performance to max it out. For a slightly future-proof option, go with the GTX 1060 6 GB, it'll play all games at high or ultra settings easily on your monitor, and you can play on it for at least 3 years with the current monitor, probably more. Costs less than $300.

May 7, 2019
It's a 1366 x 768 monitor, with a refresh rate of 60 or 75 Hz, so you don't need too much performance to max it out. For a slightly future-proof option, go with the GTX 1060 6 GB, it'll play all games at high or ultra settings easily on your monitor, and you can play on it for at least 3 years with the current monitor, probably more. Costs less than $300.
Thanks for your help man 😀

TRENDING THREADS