PC turns on for 20 seconds then turns off after 2 seconds and repeats

modnaryak

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Hi ppl,

So first my parts:

MoBo: GA-H170-WIFI

CPU: i5 6500

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury ddr4 2133mhz (2x4gb)

PSU: Corsair VS350

Cooler: Cryorig C7

So the issue I've been having is that whenever I plug in all the parts (24 pin plus the 4 pin esp, drive power and sata as well) and press the power button in the case the machine turns on, the dans spin as does the hard drive nothing happens on the screen and then ~20 seconds after boot the machine turns of and after 2 seconds the process repeats.

I have tried reseating the CPU taking out the wifi chip (which came with the MoBo) and swapping the RAM chips around. the systems light all show, even the one on the MoBo.... is that normal? and replugging the sata and power cables. My hunch is that there is an issue with the PSU or MoBo or I'm just pigheaded and missing something obvious, either way if there is a defective part it would be awesome if any one could tell me which it is, or any other help would be welcome too.

modnaryak

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Im not experienced with this forum so ima reply to every one in one go.

As to PSU, do you thing that there is an issue with the psu, or the wattage isnt enough... which it should be or just the rating?

To the ram + clear CMOS, the exact same thing happens, no display output stays on for ~20 seconds of for about 2 then 20, repeat.

As to the fans, yes i did attach all the fans to the correct headers, including the system fan, which I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting.