PC turns on for a split second then offs itself..

Jul 16, 2018
So recently I was doing some gaming and had my pc suddently cut off in the middle of it. I've read other threads on the matter but none seem to fit my issue.

My computer turns on only briefly with the LEDs flashing momentarily before complete nothingness.

Ive recently been feeling a lot of heat come off from the cpu area on my pc and because of this I feel as though my cpu is probably fried. However I did some research and the problem apperently can also come from either the mobo or the psu.

I feel like it isnt my psu or mobo because of the lights turning on even if momentarily. I'd like confirmation before deciding on gettig a new cp

Edit: my mobo psu connectors are all black so im not too sure about doing the paper clip test on that..

Jul 16, 2018
So i did the psu test on my current one after realizing that the connector is numbered in addition to being colorcoded, helping with the all black situation.

ANYWAYS, seems like i got a bad psu wow....I removed only the mobo connector to save construction time and did the test and had the same results with no spinning from my power unit. Im glad it isnt my cpu but sad that the power unit might need to be replaced..

Jul 16, 2018
Hey guys just wanted to necro this thread rq, got a new psu but Im BACK on my shit. THATS working but now when i boot a get a single red led blink from my gpu and nothing else. So..is there anything else i can do atm?

on the power supply replacment what the wattage and the brand. an under sized unit may not have the wattage to post. on the mb is the 8 pin eps connected filled. the old power supply may have killed or shorted out the mb. if the mb has onboard video see if there any output. if not power down..pull the gpu and clear the cmos see if you can get onboard video to post.

Jul 16, 2018
Ok so!! Removed battery to reset cmos, Tried it without the vga connected. So far the LEDs in my pc are on (they all blink once) and the power button LED is now STAYING on...so i think this is a good sign. My wattage also is like 450 but i had a 750(the dead psu) and now a 650.

Jul 16, 2018
Tried the power again today, my uhh fan lights and wverything came on for a split second this time, woth the power lights remaining lit. Im just gonna leave it on and see if this leads me anywhere for the meantime. Also just wanted to say thanks for helping me out this far though.