[SOLVED] Pc turns on, holding power key doesn't make power off.

May 20, 2021
Guys, my pc turns on with front panel led showing dim light. But it doesn't recognize my keyboard or any other keyboard and also its not turning off when i hold the power button. When i tried to connect my mouse to it, its actually lights. But when i move the mouse there is no highlight. It all started when changing faulty hdd and i accidentally turned off the computer by holding power button. Someone pls help me🙏🙏🙏. I searched everywhere, but no help. Please🙏🙏.( Sorry for bad english)

Ralston18

Titan
What were you doing or what was going on when the power was accidentally cut off? The loss of power may have caused file corruption.

More information needed:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How was it determined that the changed HDD was faulty?

Was that faulty HDD the boot (C:) drive?

Did you change any drive power or data cables or connections (I.e., SATA ports)?

Are you able to enter BIOS?

Or boot into Safe Mode?

May 20, 2021
What were you doing or what was going on when the power was accidentally cut off? The loss of power may have caused file corruption.

More information needed:

Did you change any drive power or data cables or connections (I.e., SATA ports)?

Or boot into Safe Mode?
Too many questions i can't even answer.. I am very new to this and i dont know if it is really important to have a hdd to boot. Atleast i need to enter the bios menu. But as i said earlier its not booting. The problem all started when i connected my new psu to the pc. My old psu unfortunately blew up and damaged my hdd. So now if i try to to add that hdd to my pc it simply refuses to show any kind of power getting to it. But when i remove my hdd the system starts when i press the power button. But unfortunately thats all... I am using this pc with my smart tv. When selecting hdmi1 its shows no signal and i am pretty sure the pc is not working properly. I am not using any hdd when i do all of this.. But i think its not necessary for just booting into Bios. Am i wrong?

May 20, 2021

More information needed:

Or boot into Safe Mode?
That hdd is shorted. I cant use it anymore. Yes it was the C: drive with windows 7 and ubuntu. Now i am using a pendrive which has ubuntu in it.
My system specifications
Intel g41 motherboard
Q6600 quad core
6gb ram
No hdd

Ralston18

Titan
Yes: you should be able to access BIOS without any connected drives.

How was it determined that the HDD was "shorted"?

Make and model information for both PSU's - old and new:

Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Far more likely, I think, that when the new PSU was installed one or more connections was overlooked or incorrect.

Did you mix and/or match cables between the old PSU and the new PSU?

Double check the connections via the motherboard's User Manual.

https://manualzilla.com/doc/7026363/intel-g41-user-s-manual

(Do verify that I found the correct User Manual.)

Double check by sight and feel that all connections are correct and fully/firmly in place.

May 20, 2021

More information needed:

Or boot into Safe Mode?

Far more likely, I think, that when the new PSU was installed one or more connections was overlooked or incorrect.

Double check by sight and feel that all connections are correct and fully/firmly in place.
The older one pre comes with the case itself. I dont know which company it was. But it was a pretty cheap one with 300w capacity. Now i am using an antec 400R plus psu from antec. I connected 20+4 pin from the psu to my motherboard and also the cpu 4 pin and thats all. The same thing happened before when i tried to boot my pc for the first time. Then i contacted somebody and they took my pc and installed os to my hdd and later when i connected my keyboard its worked. Then pressing del key i was able to boot into bios.

May 20, 2021

[When i connect sata power from psu to hdd the whole system refuses to turn on(front panel led off, cpu fan not working)

And also my motherboard is ddr3 compliant. In that manual it was ddr2