Question PC turns on no signal on monitor no power to mouse and keyboard

Feb 28, 2019
So I saw a guy saying if you push win+ctrl+shift+b will restart your drivers, I did it and screen went black forever, I tried booting with me intel hd integrated still black it also has a huge beep sound! Please help

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
This is weird...
Do You see the mobo bios when You start a pc? If yes, try to run windows in safe mode and remove graphics drivers. Maybe it will help....

it also has a huge beep sound!

You mean Your motherboard or something else?
If it's a mobo, probably You did something wrong (did not put a card in pci-e slot correctly, didn't attach all cables properly or something like this - then the pc won't start at all.

Do You have a 2-digit (or similar) display on Your motherboard? What does it show and what mobo do You have?

Feb 28, 2019
This is weird...
Do You see the mobo bios when You start a pc? If yes, try to run windows in safe mode and remove graphics drivers. Maybe it will help....

You mean Your motherboard or something else?
If it's a mobo, probably You did something wrong (did not put a card in pci-e slot correctly, didn't attach all cables properly or something like this - then the pc won't start at all)
It says no signal so I cant get to safe mode and its been 2 days since I got my gtx 750 ti I played with it for about 1 day and a half the only problem I had was random no signals to screen but if I turned off the pc and turned it on back it worked all fine

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
1) Make sure that display cable (card <-> monitor) is inserted properly and stable. Make sure this is the only cable at the moment, plugged to Your graphics.
Make sure Your graphic is placed correctly in the pci-e slot and holds stable. (remove + insert again, use the screw to make it stable).
Inspect the pins in display cable on both sides, try to replace display cable if You can borrow some.
Make sure that Your graphics card has external power supply attached correctly (if it has pin connectors)

If the monitor cable is broken, signal can be disturbed, when You for example move Your desk a bit.

If that doesn't help:

2) Try with another video card, that You know it works.
If another card will be working fine, probably something happened with Your gtx 750ti.
If other card won't work and You did everything right - that might be mobo/pci-e slot failure. In this case, You can try another pci-e slot if You have two on the mobo.

Also... Did You touch something alse on Your mobo, except for the card? Removed RAM memory for example? Then You should check if it sits okay in slots

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019
1) Make sure that display cable (card <-> monitor) is inserted properly and stable. Make sure this is the only cable at the moment, plugged to Your graphics.
Make sure Your graphic is placed correctly in the pci-e slot and holds stable. (remove + insert again, use the screw to make it stable).
Inspect the pins in display cable, try to replace display cable if You can borrow some.
Make sure that Your graphics card has external power supply attached correctly (if it has pin connectors)

If the monitor cable is broken, signal can be disturbed, when You for example move Your desk a bit.

If that doesn't help:

2) Try with another video card, that You know it works.
If another card will be working fine, probably something happened with Your gtx 750ti.
If other card won't work and You did everything right - that might be mobo/pci-e slot failure. In this case, You can try another pci-e slot if You have two on the mobo.
I think this is a motherboard problem since it beeps and doesnt give power to mouse and keyboard because if it was the cable only the monitor wouldnt work, so I dont know exactly but I hope its not a problem with my graphics card

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
You should have a 2-digit display on Your mobo. Read the error code from it, check the mobo model, google what this error means.

There can be few reasons of mobo's "beeping", depending on the mobo, like:
  • ram brick inserted skew (not all pins connected)
  • same with graphics
-...many others

If it beeps, it's not totally dead and should return the error type.

Also there's a chance that it won't work on integrated graphics (motherboard display port for monitor), because it's set up in bios to external graphics. If so, You may try to reset bios. Maybe it will work in Your case. (not sure) Well, at least worth to try.
try to plug the monitor directly to mobo and reset bios (disconnect psu, use reset bios button or remove mobo battery)

But first - check the cables / connections / graphics as said in 1)

Feb 28, 2019
You should have a 2-digit display on Your mobo. Read the error code from it, check the mobo model, google what this error means.

There can be few reasons of mobo's "beeping", depending on the mobo, like:
  • ram brick inserted skew (not all pins connected)
  • same with graphics
-...many others

If it beeps, it's not totally dead and should return the error type.

Also there's a chance that it won't work on integrated graphics (motherboard display port for monitor), because it's set up in bios to external graphics. If so, You may try to reset bios. Maybe it will work in Your case. (not sure) Well, at least worth to try.
try to plug the monitor directly to mobo and reset bios (disconnect psu, use reset bios button or remove mobo battery)

But first - check the cables / connections / graphics as said in 1)
Thank you for your replies but I dont know much about computer psu and things like that, I have to get the PC to a repair shop soon and see what the problem is.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Thank you for your replies but I dont know much about computer psu and things like that, I have to get the PC to a repair shop soon and see what the problem is.

Don't give up so fast. Those are only some basic activities, that won't damage Your hardware and can save You a few $. If You don't fix it yourself, then maybe You'll get to know what's going on more or less. Just try to do something about it yourself.
PSU = power supply.

Feb 28, 2019
I dont understand what you mean here, like connecting monitor to mobo means connecting it to integrated? If yes I have tried it and still the same issue and I have no idea how to reset bios and Im scared if I remove this things I'll make it worse 😕

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
I tried booting with me intel hd integrated still black
i assume that You do have an integrated graphics on Your motherboard+cpu setup. Then, You should be able to connect Your monitor directly to motherboard.
Do that, take out your gtx off the pci-e slot, try to start. If it doesn't work, try to reset the motherboard bios settings as described above (use reset bios button on your mobo or plug off the psu, remove battery from the motherboard, wait and turn it on again). Then, after bios reset, it might work just fine with the integrated grahics.

However, if You have no idea what You do, it will be the best to take the unit to someone who does.

Here are some general troubleshooting techniques:
Work through the list. WORK!, not just read! Each step in the list is really simple, and assume a very minimum of technical knowledge. The results can allow us to eliminate possible problems and common errors.

Help us to help you!

Feb 28, 2019
i assume that You do have an integrated graphics on Your motherboard+cpu setup. Then, You should be able to connect Your monitor directly to motherboard.
Do that, take out your gtx off the pci-e slot, try to start. If it doesn't work, try to reset the motherboard bios settings as described above (use reset bios button on your mobo or plug off the psu, remove battery from the motherboard, wait and turn it on again). Then, after bios reset, it might work just fine with the integrated grahics.

However, if You have no idea what You do, it will be the best to take the unit to someone who does.
So I removed the mobo battery and put it back after 5 mins, connected the vga to my integrated and turned it on still the exact same thing same beep same no signal..

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
So I removed the mobo battery and put it back after 5 mins, connected the vga to my integrated and turned it on still the exact same thing same beep same no signal..
Did You disconnect power supply as well? Did You take out graphics from pci-e slot before doing that?

Did You ckeck the monitor cable? (tried another one?)

Did You check all the connections from instruction above, as @clarkjd posted?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Yes I did all but still no solution..

If You are sure that:
  • everything is connected properly on the motherboard,
  • Your monitor cable and screen works fine
  • Your ram bricks are properly inserted and all work fine
  • Your graphic card is properly inserted in pci-e
  • Your GTX 750ti external power connector is connected to the psu (if You have 6 or 8 pin connector on Your graphic card)
...so basically You are sure, that everything SHOULD work, the next thing You can do is to eliminate broken parts. I understand it might be hard if You don't have any spare parts, but if You can borrow some for a moment, it's worth to try:

• replace the pci-e card with different graphics card, check if works (maybe some old one?) If You know it's working in another rig, but not in Yours, probably Your mobo or CPU is dead.
  • put Your 750ti in another comp - check if it works with another rig. If it doesn't - the card is probably dead
  • Connect another psu to Your setup - check if works. Maybe Your PSU is somehow damaged?
Then, if You still have no idea what's going on, it's the time to give up and take Your rig to computer service.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019
If You are sure that:
  • everything is connected properly on the motherboard,
  • Your monitor cable and screen works fine
  • Your ram bricks are properly inserted and all work fine
  • Your graphic card is properly inserted in pci-e
  • Your GTX 750ti external power connector is connected to the psu (if You have 6 or 8 pin connector on Your graphic card)
...so basically You are sure, that everything SHOULD work, the next thing You can do is to eliminate broken parts. I understand it might be hard if You don't have any spare parts, but if You can borrow some for a moment, it's worth to try:

• replace the pci-e card with different graphics card, check if works (maybe some old one?) If You know it's working in another rig, but not in Yours, probably Your mobo or CPU is dead.
  • put Your 750ti in another comp - check if it works with another rig. If it doesn't - the card is probably dead
  • Connect another psu to Your setup - check if works. Maybe Your PSU is somehow damaged?
Then, if You still have no idea what's going on, it's the time to give up and take Your rig to computer service.
I sent my pc to the repair shop and they said it is just the RAM so you should force ot down and hear a click when you insert the RAM, so the RAM wasnt inserted correctly thats why the computer did warn me by the huge beep, thanks for your time guys!