[SOLVED] pc turns on, no signal to monitor (HDMI) key board glights go on at boot, then off. brought to microcenter, it worked there

Oct 28, 2019
Specs:
B450m Gaming Plus motherboard
650W power supply
ryzen 5 2600 cpu
radeon rx 570 gpu
2x8gb ddr4 corsair vengeance lpx
steelseries keyboard and mouse...

So i just upgraded my pc, at first the EZ Debug led was stuck on BOOT, on first boot. no signal ever to display. (This display worked with hdmi to previous build) Brought this to microcenter thinking i needed to have them switch out the cpu to update bios, then put my ryzen 5 back in, they plugged in the computer and it booted right up to windows screen, monitor started right up. So i buy new hdmi cord thinking this must be it. return home, plug it in and do exactly what microcenter did. No signal again to monitor, keyboard does not light up or respond, mouse light is off, but light in it does flash when clicked (may work just no lighting due to no drivers updated yet or software for steelseries). I have no idea what the difference is, could this be a result of maybe a weak supply from my home electricity?

Solution
It looks like a monitor issue. Or you're using a tv? Can you borrow a monitor and test? Also, make sure that you're connecting the cable to the bottom port (the graphics card one), not to motherboard.
Oct 28, 2019
Any debug LED on?
so there wasnt any debug led on for the past hour or so, but still no display. i tried a suggestion i saw from a pretty well written post here, had many options like removing one stick of ram, which i just did, turned on pc, debug led was on VRAM, turned off pc.. added other stick back, and now boot light is on, pc and keyboard lights power on and stay on now, but still no display... what interests me is right when they plugged it in at microcenter it worked. i purchased the same type of cord used also.

Oct 28, 2019
It looks like a monitor issue. Or you're using a tv? Can you borrow a monitor and test? Also, make sure that you're connecting the cable to the bottom port (the graphics card one), not to motherboard.

thanks, so i ended up updating bios thru their flashback setup by downloading most recent update to usb drive, clearing CMOS then doing the flashback, boot light is no longer on but still no display, i will try another monitor and see if this is the problem

No problem.
Updating the BIOS, when not needed, might complicate the issue, instead of solving it. The boot LED on was normal, since no bootable drive detected. Now, that the LED is off, I can't be sure if the flashing process was successful, or not...

Oct 28, 2019
No problem.
Updating the BIOS, when not needed, might complicate the issue, instead of solving it. The boot LED on was normal, since no bootable drive detected. Now, that the LED is off, I can't be sure if the flashing process was successful, or not...
thanks i only did this because in every thread for this problem in msi forum this was a suggestion by a tech. but i did do this already before ringing to microcenter, it also had no lights on at start, so once i can confirm if it works on a different monitor i will be able to troubleshoot other things

Oct 28, 2019
No problem.
hi i would just like to update you on this issue... i purchased a new monitor, worked fine... some reason while switching old monitor to this new build it broke somewhere along the way. Now i can load into bios, keyboard mouse work, up until windows 7 login screen is up, then KB and mouse go off, and do not work. I have ordered a female usb to ps/2 adapter which will hopefully get me thru initial login and driver download stage.

Oct 28, 2019
Hi, Thank you for the update.
was able to get a mouse with ps/2 adapter and was able to get into windows login, upon login, the first driver downloaded, AMD Chipset driver, made my usb keyboard and mouse accessible and working. now everything seems good. Thanks. My only problem is it keeps giving me a notification of unsupported hardware now, due to using windows 7 ultimate, on a chip that i guess is optimized for windows 10. ryzen 5 2600