Question PC turns on sometimes and sometimes it doesn't

Feb 11, 2020
I have this weird issue where my PC turns on sometimes otherwise it starts but doesn't display anything.
If I clean ram and install that works sometimes but like I have to keep doin everytime inorder it to work but sometimes that doesn't work so I change it to another slot and den it works .
What maybe the issue I have only 1 ram stick .
I'm guessing it's the ram only
It's been 5 years im using this PC never had a problem like this before .
CPU: I54690K
Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5
RAM:8 GB RAM STICK
GPU:MSI GTX 960 2G GAMING
HDD:2TB

EDIT: Quick update problem seems to solve if i switch the ram stick to a different slot but i hav to do this everytime i turn my pc on

Last edited:
go to motherboard web site look at your motherboard MSI GAMING 5 look at bios in the list find the most recent one download it
BIOS
to access the bios hammer the delete key before system boots up as soon powered on
have a fresh formatted FAT32 USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer only stick the bios you just downloaded on the USB stick recommend at least 2 bios's even if old re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into your bios select system then update bios select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with your new bios
if done wrong will brick your motherboard

on another note you still have failed to mention a PSU and who makes it if its 5years old I would look there first.

Feb 11, 2020
go to motherboard web site look at your motherboard MSI GAMING 5 look at bios in the list find the most recent one download it
BIOS
to access the bios hammer the delete key before system boots up as soon powered on
have a fresh formatted FAT32 USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer only stick the bios you just downloaded on the USB stick recommend at least 2 bios's even if old re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into your bios select system then update bios select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with your new bios
if done wrong will brick your motherboard

on another note you still have failed to mention a PSU and who makes it if its 5years old I would look there first.

Idk what model psu it it's a old cooler master psu
Idk how will I boot into the bios when I'm not even getting the boot screen I mean I'm not getting any screen but ik it boots
Cuz it works sometimes and nw it just doesn't