[SOLVED] PC turns on then off and then on again and works

bettemis4

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone

I have enabled S4 and S5 on my Z390 Asus board so the light wouldn't annoy me when I was sleeping.
Every time I turn on my PC it boots then turns off and turns on again and boots fully into Windows.

Why does it do that? It does the same if I turn off the PSU

Solution
You could always just plug it into a power strip, and cut the power when you don't use it. Same effect, except, it shouldn't need to reboot twice. Also a computer uses about as much as a TV on standby. LEDs take very little power to light.
This is because your system is in the lowest power state possible, forcing it to wake up from that state - then reboot normally. Even if the power is taken from the system, you are forcing it to wake up from that lower power state it was last in. I honestly would turn that off, and maybe cover the light with something or face the PC in another direction.

bettemis4

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
This is because your system is in the lowest power state possible, forcing it to wake up from that state - then reboot normally. Even if the power is taken from the system, you are forcing it to wake up from that lower power state it was last in. I honestly would turn that off, and maybe cover the light with something or face the PC in another direction.
So it's bad for the PC?

So it's bad for the PC?
not at all S4/S5 is used for hibernation and "lower" power when the system is off. Honestly, if neither of these things matter to you, you shouldn't use it. Longer boot times so you aren't blinded by the power of your PC isn't the best sacrifice lol.

bettemis4

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
not at all S4/S5 is used for hibernation and "lower" power when the system is off. Honestly, if neither of these things matter to you, you shouldn't use it. Longer boot times so you aren't blinded by the power of your PC isn't the best sacrifice lol.
It's because my grandma says it uses a lot of power when it's there all night lighting, also when I press on my keyboard or mouse they light up. We have a cat that sometimes walks over it. Then what can I do?

You could always just plug it into a power strip, and cut the power when you don't use it. Same effect, except, it shouldn't need to reboot twice. Also a computer uses about as much as a TV on standby. LEDs take very little power to light.

Solution