PC turns on then off in a split second

ZOORG555

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
Two days ago i got my new corsair 900d case and i wanted to move my parts to it so i disassembled my alienware aurora r4 using the video guide and took the parts and then installed them inside my corsair case. first time i booted it the pc worked for like 3-5 seconds and while beeping and flashing red near my ram and it turned off a while repeating this,then i unplugged the power and installed all the ram sticks tightly and then i plugged the power and the pc just runs for like a split second and shuts off.
I took my motherboard out and just hooked the CPU and power supply and the problem is still there.
And i tested the PSU with the paper clip method and it works,and i already saw this post and it didn't help http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
PSU can handle 875wats
CPU: i7-3820 CPU @3.60 ghz 3601 mhz 4 cores 8 logical pro
Sorry for wall of text.

InvalidError

Titan
Assuming you plugged everything in correctly including the ATX12V/EPS12 and PCIE power cables, something may have shorted out somewhere during the transplant or you may have zapped a component with static and killed something.

The "paperclip test" is not particularly useful since it tells you nothing about whether the PSU outputs are within specs and how stable they are. At best, it only tells you the PSU is still able to operate without tripping its internal protections under whatever conditions you are doing the paperclip test under. I would not dismiss it as a probable cause yet.