Question PC turns on then off then on again

abbasakram64

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
So the issue is my PC will turn on, then off and finally turn on again. This happens every time I switch the PSU on. If the PSU is left on when I shut down the PC and use the power button to turn the PC on it will turn on as normal. But if I switch the PSU off and on again this issue will arise.

I've had my PC for a year now, all the parts were bought new. They're listed below:

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-PRO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: Asus GTX1060 6gb
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GB
PSU: Corsair TX-M Series 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified

From my research I've found this type of issue is common with a faulty PSU but this usually occurs with older or poor quality PSU's so I'm not sure whats causing this. It's been like this for a while now but I really need to try and fix it as I'm sure the PC turning itself on, off and on can't be too good for the components.

Thank you for your help :)

abbasakram64

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
Thank you for your suggestion, I did swap the PSU from another PC I have access to and it fixed the issue!

I've spoken to the retailer and they have agreed to send me a replacement, the same make and model. I'm hoping this will fix the issue.

abbasakram64

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
UPDATE: So I recieved the new PSU and switched it out but the same issue is occuring, nothing's changed. I think when I tested it before I must have left the PSU on which as mentioned before ensures the PC turns on as normal. The problem is when the PSU is turned off then on this then causes the PC to turn on/off when turned on via the power button.