Question PC Turns On Then Off

brandontolbert17

Reputable
Mar 15, 2018
I got off work and came home. I turned my pc on then logged into windows. I opened firefox and about 10 seconds later my PC shut off. Ok strange. But then it booted up again and after about 5 seconds it shut off. Then after it came on it instantly shut off and was in a boot loop. I unplugged my sdd and hdd and switched out my ram. I don't have a graphics card installed. Then after it was sitting powered off, it turned on for about 10 seconds and then shut off and was in a boot loop again. I thought it was overheating as if I left it, it will take more time before shutting off. I replaced thermal paste, checked CPU plugins, everything. Still the same thing. Power supply is about 2 weeks old as I switch it out. Motherboard CPU light flicks on for a second, then the DRAM light is on, right as it shuts off the DRAM light turns off and the CPU light flips on for a fraction of a second. CPU is a few months old as I rma'd the previous one. Any help will be appreciated.

Specs.
MOBO: MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC
CPU: i7 9700k
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 430W (temp until I get my supernova back)
SSD: 970 Evo 1tb
HDD: 1tb 7200rpm
RAM: 2x16GB Viper Memory 2400mhz

Also yes I cleared cmos battery.

SOLVED: I put in another HDD with a fresh install of windows which booted. I decided to test the SSD in the other slot which I shouldve done in the first place but it booted. I guess the motherboard nvme slot went out.

Last edited: