parapala23

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I am sure the PSU is good because I used a working PSU from other PC and still the same.

When I pressed the power button the FAN which is connected to the MoBo and the CPU FAN will turn on and then turned off right away and I can't hear any beeps. I already tried it in breadboarding with only the PSU, MoBo, Memory and CPU . Also tried without Memory but still I can't hear any beep even though I have a MoBo speaker and the Fans turned on then shutdown right away.

Could this be a MOBO problem? Or CPU has something to do with it?

I also tried to remove the CPU to try if the Fans will Spin but it did not start even just for a second (I saw a video that MoBo will spin the Fans even if the CPU is removed but it didn't work with mine)

My MoBo is ASUS H81M-C with 4th gen Intel Core i3.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Please post your ENTIRE system specification including PSU make and model.
In the meantime, please see this guide:

parapala23

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Please post your ENTIRE system specification including PSU make and model.
In the meantime, please see this guide:
My processor is intel i3 4170 3.7ghz
I forgot my PSU make sir but I tried to use it in my other computer and it works fine, same with my RAM.
I am using the integrated GPU and by the way this pc is 3years old and working fine before but suddenly it stop working.

Unless we know the PSU brand and model of the one you're using and the one you tried we can't say.

The most common cause for a system shutting down is the PSU and overheating.

Take a screenshot of your PSU voltage sticker (It's on the PSU itself) and post that picture on imgur.com and link it here.

We really need those PSU information.

parapala23

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Unless we know the PSU brand and model of the one you're using and the one you tried we can't say.

The most common cause for a system shutting down is the PSU and overheating.

Take a screenshot of your PSU voltage sticker (It's on the PSU itself) and post that picture on imgur.com and link it here.

We really need those PSU information.
I can't send you right now sir but I am pretty sure it is working fine because I also tried it to my other computer and it works just fine including the Ram.. that's why I am thinking only the CPU or MOBO is the problem but I want to make sure which one of them so that I am not wasting money just in case .the problem is I don't have a compatible working PC to try it first.

I can't send you right now sir but I am pretty sure it is working fine because I also tried it to my other computer and it works just fine including the Ram.. that's why I am thinking only the CPU or MOBO is the problem but I want to make sure which one of them so that I am not wasting money just in case .the problem is I don't have a compatible working PC to try it first.

PSU or overheating. It can be other stuff but these are the first step you take to fix an issue like this because it's 99% of the time one of these two.

Trying your PSU on your other system doesn't prove that the PSU is good if it works. If your other system draw less power than your actual system it could work but it could not be working ok with the system that is shutting down especially if this is a cheap low quality PSU model.

Overheating. Remove the CPU cooler. Clean the thermal paste with isopropyl acohol from the CPU and the heatsink and apply new thermal paste and reinstall the cooler. If this was an overheating issue this should fix the issue.

If it's not overheating or the PSU then you check at the rest of the parts.

Give us your PSU information when you can and the other PSU if you can too.

parapala23

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
PSU or overheating. It can be other stuff but these are the first step you take to fix an issue like this because it's 99% of the time one of these two.

Trying your PSU on your other system doesn't prove that the PSU is good if it works. If your other system draw less power than your actual system it could work but it could not be working ok with the system that is shutting down especially if this is a cheap low quality PSU model.

Overheating. Remove the CPU cooler. Clean the thermal paste with isopropyl acohol from the CPU and the heatsink and apply new thermal paste and reinstall the cooler. If this was an overheating issue this should fix the issue.

If it's not overheating or the PSU then you check at the rest of the parts.

Give us your PSU information when you can and the other PSU if you can too.
Is it possible to overheat in a short period of time sir? Because it only take 1 second to turn on and spin the fan then shutdown right away and my PSU is also identical to the other PC and I am sure my other PC consume less power I even only have a MoBo, Processor, Hdd, Ram installed in there

parapala23

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Is it turning on for a second then shutting off then coming back on a few seconds later ? or just staying dead?
It stays dead sir I need to press the power button again and same problem all the time. It's like it turned on for a 1-3seconds enough to spin the fans then stop right away