Apr 16, 2020
So the issue I am having, is I tried to pair a large screen TV (its HD but not a new model) to my PC and the issue I have is the screen was out of sync bits of windows was cut off (I fixed this by using fit to screen on my TV) the next issue is the colourisation seems weird and the picture doesnt seem as sharp. There is also a slight delay in the sound to display when watching movies.
However when I used a smaller TV to my PC the picture and sound was pretty much perfect.
Anyone have any ideas?

Apr 16, 2020
The size of the screen has nothing to do with the number of pixels, we need to know the resolution of both TV's.

I am not entirely sure what resolution of both but I do know that when I plug my PS4 using the HDMI the screen is perfect. I thought maybe the refresh rate was a issue but the max I can put it at is 60Hz. Would DVI to HDMI cable help? (I will look for the resolutions of the both in the mean while)

View: https://imgur.com/a/rl0d9pB

This is a screen shot however I don't know if it will capture the TV picture problem or not.

There are white pixels flickering/white border to texts when watching a live stream or video.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020
After some searching I saw something about reducing the sharpness once I set it to 0 the picture quality looked alot better. Would a HDMI cable newer one help aswell? (I guess no harm in trying right)

nk01uk

Prominent
Jul 22, 2020
Hi folks I have a similar problem. As of last night my pc was happily connected to my Samsung Smart TV via HDMI from my graphics card. Tried to boot up & all I get is a blank screen. Its as if the pc is not connected. So I've tried different HDMI cables i've even tried a different TV same problem no input. I opened up my pc just to make sure everything is connected & all seemsfine. I took out my Radeon RX 580 8192MB graphics card & connected directly from the motherboard to both amsung & Sony TV's, and yes you've guessed it no input.
I'm completely lost, the pc was a self build & i've had it less than year can anyone please help.

My PC specs are
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core 4.2GHz
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Team Group Vulcan TUF Gaming Alliance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel
PowerColour Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5" SATA 6Gbps SSD
1000GB HDD
Zalman S3 Midi Tower Case

nk01uk

Prominent
Jul 22, 2020
Hi people,

Just a quick update. I ntook out the CR2032 battery out of the MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard & waited 10 minutes. Re-inserted battery & thank fully PC booted up as normal. I'm going to update the BIOS but other than that all seems good.
Thank you everyone who helped, much appreciated