Question Pc unable to sleep

heinmichaelsen

Prominent
Feb 19, 2019
Hi!

Weird issue - my pc goes into screensaver mode without issues, but when the timeout for sleep mode is done, the screen flickers for a bit and returns to Windows. No running media streams or anything of the sort, Cortana disabled, and nothing listed in powercfg -requests...?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi!

Weird issue - my pc goes into screensaver mode without issues, but when the timeout for sleep mode is done, the screen flickers for a bit and returns to Windows. No running media streams or anything of the sort, Cortana disabled, and nothing listed in powercfg -requests...?

Is this a Custom PC or brand name? If custom, what motherboard? If brand name, what make/model

Its probably a driver causing problem, just need to see what you have and we go from there.

Sleep isn’t really good for your PC—it keeps memory powered on and destroys your memory over time. I would recommend turning it off

op wants to fix sleep, I try to help there. I may not use sleep myself but plenty of others do.

Most people running win 10 have fast startup on and don't even realise its a form of sleep as well.

heinmichaelsen

Prominent
Feb 19, 2019
Hi and thanks for your replies!

Was not aware that sleep mode might harm ram modules, will disable it.will look into the fast startup thing as well, but that’ll have to wait until Tiger is finished.