[SOLVED] PC Under perfoming ?

Oct 5, 2018
My pc has been really under performing as of late I don't know why I have not touched anything settings wise,

Solution
Have your checked Thermals? That seems like the most likely cause, since it can throttle your frequencies and consequently worsen performance overall.

If you're not sure how to do this simply download a program called MSI Afterburner and look at the performance metrics after using your Computer the way you normally would.

You're looking for temperatures that seem exceedingly high or frequency drops during intensive tasks.

If it is in fact the case that your system is Thermal Throttling, you might want clean your Computer from dust that accumulates over time and replace the Thermal Compound on your Processor.

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Have your checked Thermals? That seems like the most likely cause, since it can throttle your frequencies and consequently worsen performance overall.

If you're not sure how to do this simply download a program called MSI Afterburner and look at the performance metrics after using your Computer the way you normally would.

You're looking for temperatures that seem exceedingly high or frequency drops during intensive tasks.

If it is in fact the case that your system is Thermal Throttling, you might want clean your Computer from dust that accumulates over time and replace the Thermal Compound on your Processor.

Solution
Oct 5, 2018

I clean my computer alot and most of my thermals seem to be at a nice level i make sure to keep my temps down im very fussy about that, butr like i said my pc has just been a bit slow as of late

Oct 5, 2018

Like in R6 siege i used to get 120 FPS on ultra as of late im now getting 80 on high
I did update GPU tweak if that helps