PC Under performing when it should be able to handle anything thrown at it

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, I have a gaming pc that should be able to hold anything you throw at it with a GTX 1060 3gb , Ryzen 5 2600, and 8 GB of RAM. I have recently upgraded my old motherboard and CPU from an i3 7100 to a ryzen 5 2600, and the performance seems to be the same, if not worse in some games. Fallout 4 struggles to get 60 fps on high which should not be a problem because the game came out 4 years ago and did not look very pretty in the first place, Hunt: Showdown can barley reach 30 fps on low, I know the game is in early access but I have seen people with rigs very similar to mine get 60 on medium, including my friends and the only difference in his rig is he has a 1060 6GB, and Battlefield 1 struggles to get 60 fps on medium as well. These are just a few examples of many games that I would like to play but I unfortunately can't because of very low and fluctuant frame rates. One of the theories I have come up with over the last few months is that the graphics card that I have is very badly under performing. My friend had bought a hp pavilion prebuilt PC with a gtx 1060 3gb inside and he doesn't really care about frame rates so he offered to trade with me for my 1050 ti. I said yes and the performance has not been the same since. The card is an HP brand 1060, it looks very odd and unconventional. I'm wondering if that may be the problem. I would love it if someone could help me with this issue. Thank you.

Jan 2, 2019

Full system specs
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1060 3gb
8gb ddr4 2400mhz RAM
350 watt psu
PSU model no FSP350-50GMN
Asrock AB350m pro4 motherboard
1tb internal hdd
2tb external hdd
250gb internal ssd