[SOLVED] PC underpeforming when compared to others.

Sep 28, 2020
Hello, I have an
i5 7400, 1050 TI, 8gb 2666hz,450 watt powersupply and H110M-E motherboard. My pc has been underperforming after I updated to windows 10, coming from a non legit windows 7 then after that 2D games that my phone handles smoothly runs roughly on my PC. Other games like league of legends and valorant has massive decreased performance when comparing to other people with same specs. My ram idles at 55% with discord and some random apps open(nothing is eating up alot of ram in task manager). I have reset my BIOs, used userbenchmark and still don't know the problem is. I would appreciate suggestions of diagnosing the problem or possible fixes of my problem. Feel free to ask any questions related to the PC.

Solution
Hey there,

Just to be clear, your current version of windows is legitimate?

In terms of your hardware, your system is fine for windows 10, and would/should be feeling a little snappier in general terms over Win 7.

So what games are you playing that make you think it's underperforming?

Make sure to have all your system drivers, and GPU driver up to date. Set up MSI afterburner to show CPU usage/temps, GPU usage/temps/vram usage, system ram usage. Also set up HWMon/Info to run before you start the game. Post a screenshot of MSI in game, showing the metrics above, and another of HWMon whilst the game is playing. (you can alt-tab out of the game to view HWMon)
Hey there,

Just to be clear, your current version of windows is legitimate?

In terms of your hardware, your system is fine for windows 10, and would/should be feeling a little snappier in general terms over Win 7.

So what games are you playing that make you think it's underperforming?

Make sure to have all your system drivers, and GPU driver up to date. Set up MSI afterburner to show CPU usage/temps, GPU usage/temps/vram usage, system ram usage. Also set up HWMon/Info to run before you start the game. Post a screenshot of MSI in game, showing the metrics above, and another of HWMon whilst the game is playing. (you can alt-tab out of the game to view HWMon)

Solution
Sep 28, 2020
unknown.png
unknown.png

I downloaded windows 10 directly from microsoft site so I think thats legit but still have watermark so its legit but not really. I have a friend who has worse specs than me but still gets better FPS in League of Legends. Even if I close everything else in task manager my FPS is still lower than his.

The mainboard temp is broken it wasn't really going up or down.

I have a second monitor directly plugged into the motherboard. Its only 1280x720 I tried it with and without and saw no difference so its not the problem unless I'm doing something wrong. My main monitor that is running the game is 1366x768. This is practice tool so this is not that demanding I was averaging 150 with drops to 90 which I'm pretty sure is not normal because I saw someone with same specs running an actual game in 1080 without dropping to 90. My friend told me to get a fresh install of windows 10 so I'm just looking for a flash drive to do it. Please tell me what you think :)