[SOLVED] PC "underperforming" and possible SSD purchase?

Feb 26, 2020
Did a performance test on userbenchmark and got these results

Overall this PC is performing below expectations (37th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 63 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.

The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD will yield far faster boot times, better system responsiveness and faster application load times.

A) Is it worth getting a 240gb SSD?
B) how can i get my pc to perform better if its below expectations to the same pcs?

Solution
Hm... looks like Userbenchmark shows things differently to what I remember. We'd need to be careful interpreting the results.

The main thing which stands out is the graphics card. However, according to their own blurb on what they consider 100% performance is (and that is the RTX 2060 Super), and the GTX 1050 ti is a weaker graphics card by comparison, then it doesn't seem to be wrong. It doesn't seem to be comparing your 1050 ti to other 1050 tis which I find misleading.

If you're looking to gain better framerates in games, then a graphics card upgrade will be more beneficial than an SSD.
Hm... looks like Userbenchmark shows things differently to what I remember. We'd need to be careful interpreting the results.

The main thing which stands out is the graphics card. However, according to their own blurb on what they consider 100% performance is (and that is the RTX 2060 Super), and the GTX 1050 ti is a weaker graphics card by comparison, then it doesn't seem to be wrong. It doesn't seem to be comparing your 1050 ti to other 1050 tis which I find misleading.

If you're looking to gain better framerates in games, then a graphics card upgrade will be more beneficial than an SSD.

Solution
Feb 26, 2020

Im wanting to upgrade to a 1660 ti but unsure whether it will fit in my motherboard?

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Based on your Userbenchmark results, I would say that your PC performs pretty much as it’s supposed to, for what it is. What brings the underperforming warning is mainly your HDD that is seriously underperforming. Interpreting this is a little tricky, as it may be caused by a failing HDD… or not. Just keep in mind that low hard drive results (being HDD or SSD) in Userbenchmark do not always mean a drive going bad. I do have drive getting poor results in this benchmark and that are running well for years.

Feb 26, 2020
Based on your Userbenchmark results, I would say that your PC performs pretty much as it’s supposed to, for what it is. What brings the underperforming warning is mainly your HDD that is seriously underperforming. Interpreting this is a little tricky, as it may be caused by a failing HDD… or not. Just keep in mind that low hard drive results (being HDD or SSD) in Userbenchmark do not always mean a drive going bad. I do have drive getting poor results in this benchmark and that are running well for years.
thanks for the information, might just upgrade my gpu in the future because i dont feel my pc under performing just got worried by the site.

PCIe x16 slots are physically forwards and backwards compatible. The graphics card itself will fit into the PCIe x16 slot.

The main physical issue which could arise is more likely to be your case. But if that is industry standard I wouldn't anticipate any issues there either.