Pc underperforming i think ;?

Jul 10, 2018
Hey, so i just dont know what to do anymore. My pc is hitting some lowish fps in some games dont know why. For example cs go mirage mid im hitting 140 fps im playing on lowest with a 4:3 1100 resolution im also getting some screen stutters really weird. on overwatch i play on 1600x900 everything lowest i get around 140-160 fps Not sure if this is normal but i feel like my pc can do better. I really dont know what to do anymore man im thinking of just getting a completely new pc because i dont know what is causing this low fps issues ish stuff ill also do a userbenchmark test to show you guys my stat ish i guess : so i just did 2 tests 1 with overclocking my gpu other one without
WITHOUT OC GPU: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11190164
WITH: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11190213

Honestly even if i oc my gpu i dont see a diffrence in fps besides benchmarking which is also kinda weird isnt it

Specs:
CPU i7 4820k
GPU 1070
MB asus p9x79
16 gb ddr4 ram at @1333MHz (i tried overclocking this speed to 1800-2100 ish for some reason my cpu gets insanely hot even tho i didnt up the core speeds or anything so i cant overclock my ram...
3tb hdd no ssd

Userbenchmark is handy, but best to understand it as a peer-to-peer comparison rather than a proper benchmark. Likelihood is the best results are those who have overclocked the component heavily. That said it does identify the RAM as an issue. The only real thing I can think of is how is the RAM configured, or (to put it another way) are they installed in the correct memory slots?

You mention the CPU overheating when trying to overclock the RAM which sounds really strange. But from that how are the operating temperatures of the components when running games?

Do you use something like MSI Afterburner to monitor the PC's behaviour when playing games? I would use that as a starting point to see if there is something wrong with the system.

I'm sure others can recommend specific stress tests to troubleshoot as well.

Jul 10, 2018
Hey, so im running HWmonitor in the background honestly i dont know if its overheating my cpu is getting a bit hot its like 65 when under load but when i play for example destiny 2 at like medium settings or high idk it gets to 75 gpu gets around

as for the ram uhmm i honestly wouldnt know how to install it i got it in i believe either 1/3 2/4 not sure i just plugged it in thats it

As for the overclocking i dont know man i really dont i just make a xmp profile and i have to change teh voltage for the cpu wich i put at 1.2v and my core's 3.7 which is my base clock speed but then my temps hit 90 degrees and i get a blackscreen or i get overclocking failed press f1 to reset bios or something in that range sometimes it boots sometimes it doesnt. im just thinking of getting a new pc honestly but its so expensive. especially the cpu's atm like 500 euro's for i7 8700k traumatising.

I would suggest for now to reset your Mobo CMOS. This will fully reset the motherboard, resetting its version, RAM speeds, CPU voltages, all of that stuff.

That way you can read up on overclocking your CPU before doing it and get safer temperatures. This could be the reason you're experiencing issues.

On top of that, RAM placement is more important than you think. Depending on whether you have 1 or 2 sticks for those 16Gb of yours you should place it this way:
2 sticks --> A2 + B2 (2nd furthest and 4th furthest from the CPU)
1 stick --> A2 or B2 (2nd furthest or 4th furthest from the CPU)