Question PC Underperforming in Games

Sep 14, 2022
So I built this PC recently with i3 10100f and GTX 1660 Super and it is not performing as it should in games. It gives normal results in benchmarks here are some:

GeekBench 5 : 1125 Single-Core 3769 Multi-Core (note that multi core score is less than it should be which is 4000-4100)
Timespy : 4200 Points for CPU 5700 Points for GPU (again note that CPU score should be 5000 points ideally but GPU score is relatively accurate)
Cinebench R23 : 1160 Single Core and 5574 Multi Core (here the scores are normal)

I think the low multi core scores could be due to the fact that I have 116GB RAM and not 28 dual channel.

In Far Cry 5 for example I struggle to get 60 FPS consistently although my CPU and GPU usages are not maxed out (neither is any individual CPU thread / core) , similar trend can be observed in Forza Horizon 5 where my GPU usage would be sitting around 70-80% and CPU usage at 60% (again no core / thread maxed out) and my frames would be below 60FPS. Lowering the settings doesn't solve the issues as the hardware is capable of running the task. So the benchmarks compared to other same systems is relatively same but gameplay performance is abnormal.

My BIOS settings are at default settings, all drivers updated from Gigabyte's site (H510m h motherboard) , Ram is configured at 2666MHz (max for 10th gen i3), windows is at latest version and before running the games CPU usage is around 1-2%. Any fix guys?