[SOLVED] PC underperforming

Nov 21, 2019
Hello

I just build my own pc for the first time, but the 750watt power supply makes a lot of noise, especially compared to my old PC which was completely silent
then when i did a userbenchmark this were the results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21932100 ,
It's very weird because i did a scan a few days ago with the same GPU on my old PC and it showed up as above average, i also tried playing the outer worlds with it and the performance was very good but it crashed after a few minutes of playing, im scared to keep using this PC because im afraid i will destroy the PC

This are my components
Intel® Core i5-9600K, 3.7 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 1151 processor
GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X (rev. 1.0), socket 1151
be quiet! Dark Rock Slim BK024 cpu-cooler
Cooler Master MWE 750 White 230V - V2, 750 Watt
Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2 TB SSD
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition big tower (case)

Solution
The MWE unit you have isn't exactly a reliable and quality built unit. I'd have suggested getting a Seasonic unit instead. You also forgot to mention the make and model of your GPU.

FYI, please don't use Userbenchmark to tell you what is and what isn't possible on your system. The site should be banned for all intents and purposes since their scoring system is flawed and will be flawed.

What did you tax the system with in order to produce a system crash? By crash do you mean the system rebooted or you went out of the game and onto desktop GUI? You should look at a reliably built donor PSU to rule out a faulty/failing PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
The MWE unit you have isn't exactly a reliable and quality built unit. I'd have suggested getting a Seasonic unit instead. You also forgot to mention the make and model of your GPU.

FYI, please don't use Userbenchmark to tell you what is and what isn't possible on your system. The site should be banned for all intents and purposes since their scoring system is flawed and will be flawed.

What did you tax the system with in order to produce a system crash? By crash do you mean the system rebooted or you went out of the game and onto desktop GUI? You should look at a reliably built donor PSU to rule out a faulty/failing PSU.

Reactions: Baasthaas
Solution
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for the reply and advice

I will order a seasonic one then
The GPU is GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 GAMING OC 8G
When i said crash it was just the game quitted on its own without a error.
Also when im playing games the monitor screen brightness is slightly flickering , i was told that could be a GPU problem
I also just played Call of duty modern warfare because i couldnt resist, there it's a slightly different problem, it runs perfect, but freezes a lot for +- 5 seconds