Question PC Underperforming.

supdahey

Reputable
Oct 28, 2017
So basically my PC is going stale. I'm not gonna lie, I've done some hardcore rendering over the past year and the parts may be wearing out. I have reinstalled windows. I've noticed that the performance in games has gone down, in League of Legends I've seen my FPS drop to 50 FPS, in a game like that I should be having what, a couple thausand FPS ? I would list my specs, but when I go into dxdiag, it shows none of my components, Speccy also refuses to identify my PC's parts. Anyways, what I'm trying to find out, is what exactly in my PC is going stale. It may be the old hard drive, or it may be the GPU I've been abusing. I don't know how to make sure exactly what is causing the bad performance. Is there some kind of software that would help me figure out which piece of my puzzle I need to switch out. Like benchmarking my MOBO to check if its underbenchmarking. Any advice or tips would be very appreciated. I know I need to buy something new, just don't know exactly what.

supdahey

Reputable
Oct 28, 2017
not this?
No, that's an entirely different computer.

EDIT: I got the specs.
i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 1070

Mobo is: Z97-PRO
SSD: 238GB SanDisk SD8SBAT256G1122
HDD: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08RKKA0

I think it may be the HDD being faulty causing the horrible performance, but I don't know how to check for sure. I don't want to change my HDD based on a whim.