Apr 25, 2021
So I've had this computer for a while now and the specs are pretty good in my opinion but the FPS I get is laughable. I have two pcs and they both seem to have this issue (The parts are listed below). With League of Legends STRUGGLING TO STAY AT 144 FPS and other games like Call of Duty warzone not breaking 100 FPS, I am so disappointed. I factory reset both of my computers and on one of them, the problem still occurs but on the other one it seems to of gotten better but not nearly as good as it should be performing. I swapped the graphics card on the first pc after it stopped working and the problems still occurred. I ran multiple user benchmark tests and got 0 things wrong with the computer and a score of over 100% in all caterogiores. It's not a temp issue either because my CPU rarely breaks the 50 degrease Celsius line and the GPU never goes over 65 to 60. I have tried everything in the book please help if you can :). BTW all drivers are up to date and windows is up to date as well.
PC #1 -2070 super gpu (Zotac Gaming) -500gb ssd -1tb hardrive -2tb hardrive -i7 8700 cpu (intel) -2 144hz monitors (Asus) -Aorus motherboard -32gb Ram -water cooled cpu (Corsair) -Corsair Keyboard (Red Switches) -Steelseries Neon Rider mouse
PC #2 -2070 gpu -500gb ssd -1tb hardrive -i5 9400 cpu (intel) -144hz monitor (Asus) -60hz monitor (Asus) -Aorus motherboard -16gb Ram -Cpu Fan (Be Quiet!) -Red Dragon keyboard (Blue Switches) -Razer Mouse

werberman

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
That shouldn't matter. Honestly, if you've benched them and they come out fine, it's likely a driver issue(s) specific to the games you play. Check and see if the usage hits 100% on either the GPU or the CPU when you game. Need to know where the bottleneck actually is.

werberman

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
I assume that that game performs fine? You'll likely see games hit your CPU cap as often as GPU, given you're only running in 1080p. You'll need to figure out which one is maxing out for the games that are causing the issues in particular, since every game is different. Once you've got that sorted, there may be a very simple explanation (or not, but always possible!)

werberman

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Well, that is unusually well balanced. Definitely not a bad thing (actually, a very good thing in terms of design), but odd.

Try turning off GeForce experience - quite a few people report that it causes issues in some games, and LoL is one of them.

Is gaming performance otherwise as expected, i.e. are other games performing as they should? If not, let us know.