PC Unresponsive After Installing 16gb Optane Drive?

Stuart_21

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
I recently bought and installed a new 16gb optane drive to accelerate the 4tb HDD I got (Optane was free w/ said HDD) and since installing it, after about 40 minutes - 1 hour my PC just becomes entirely unresponsive to any input.

The mouse cursor moves, and my voice activation on discord still transmits and I can still hear people in the call, however I cannot click anything, nothing comes up as "not responding", no keyboard inputs do anything and I'm at a loss. I've looked for solutions of a similar nature but I cant find anything similar to my scenario (being that the only system changes being the preparation and installation of an optane drive). So hell, for all I know that might not even be the issue, but it's all I can think of it being.

I plan to contact intel about the issue, however I thought I'd ask here first to save being bounced around for a week in customer support. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

RealBeast

Titan
Did you install the Intel driver before installing the actual Optane cache device?

Stuart_21

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
I installed the driver prior to prepare my system for the device, and followed instructions found elsewhere on the internet (A lot on this website ha)

Side note: Didnt mean to select as best answer and will change it later, gmail on mobile is god awful and I tapped the wrong button

Stuart_21

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Asus Prime z270-A - Updated the bios just before installing the drive
Optane 16gb M.2 - S/N: PHBT72320B22016D - SA#: J45811-102

Edit: All the steps in those instructions were completed.

Stuart_21

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Sorry for the very delayed response, but here's the numbers
Board: Asus Prime Z270-A
-S/N: H1M0CS001821
-P/N: 90MB0RU0-M0UAYO
Optane S/N: PHBT72320B22016D
-P/N: MEMPEK1W016GAXT
Driver: Intel RST v16.8.0.1000

An interesting note is that now my PC takes forever to power down too, seeing as after turning it off before work, i returned to the monitor and such being off but the fans were still spinning and the leds were still on 8hrs later. Im unsure whether this is part of the same issue or not, but it sure is strange.