[SOLVED] PC Upgrade Advice

Solution
Your system is older. But you've got an unlocked i7. I think you may yet have another 2 years or so. I agree with looking at new gpu. For example, instead of the 1070, you can get a new 1660 super for 230 in the USA that basically is equal to a 1070. Or look at the new 5600xt from AMD. I'd just look up to see if those would bottleneck. But if you prefer nvidia and they wouldn't bottleneck, even look at the rtx 2060 or 2060 super perhaps.

Otherwise, clean everything out, maybe apply new thermal paste, and start saving for a rebuild in a year or two. If you're comfortable with your system, maybe overclock a little for some extra performance.

Lutfij

Titan
With all due respect to your build, you're going to have to rebuild the entire system, since I'm concerned about recycling the PSU and the rest of your components, apart from the chassis. You should also look into this thread and stylize your post accordingly with necessary information.

To add, since you're going to have to build from the ground, up...I think you can move for an mitx build.

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
I don't do anything. You have good system. Just check ssd/hdd health with crystal disk info. Test ram with memtest. Reapply thermal paste, clean dust and etc. Yeah, also it's good idea to renew psu, cause yours is out of warranty. I'll try upgrade gpu to gtx 1070 level card, if you find it cheap. You should be good few years ahead.

Your system is older. But you've got an unlocked i7. I think you may yet have another 2 years or so. I agree with looking at new gpu. For example, instead of the 1070, you can get a new 1660 super for 230 in the USA that basically is equal to a 1070. Or look at the new 5600xt from AMD. I'd just look up to see if those would bottleneck. But if you prefer nvidia and they wouldn't bottleneck, even look at the rtx 2060 or 2060 super perhaps.

Otherwise, clean everything out, maybe apply new thermal paste, and start saving for a rebuild in a year or two. If you're comfortable with your system, maybe overclock a little for some extra performance.

Solution