Question pc upgrade and compatibility question

Jul 23, 2016
what happened to me was sad , i was playing with my friends when suddenly my pc shut down quickly and never worked , so i opened the case and reinstalled every cable and still didnt work, the next day i went to a pc shop to let them check whats the problem and they told me it was the psu that stopped working, so i bought a new psu and plugged it in and still it didnt work , turns out the guy had a cheap psu to try it on my pc and it worked without plugging the gpu and all this time the gpu was the problem. so i bought a psu for nothing . anyways i wanted to ask if my new psu which is a aerocool lux 650W(50A on the 12v rail) will power an rtx 2060/Super or a 2070 or the super version.
my pc:
intel core i3 8100 3.6ghz
gigabyte h310m-h
8gb ddr4 1 stick of 2400mhz TeamTforce ram
1tb hdd and 120gb ssd
i would also like if u suggest me selling of this pc and buying a new one with upgraded hardware and still having the same hdd , ssd and psu in it.
so i want to know if this psu with handle a 2060/2070 with an i7 8700 and 16gigs of ddr4 ram.
appreciate any help :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Generally I wouldn't use any Aerocool PSU to power my PC.
Problem is not wattage, it's quality (see point 1 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/ )

650W is more than enough even for a 2080 frankly, just from I can see, there's not really many reviews on it, and Aerocool are not well reputed for PSUs.

So will it work? Probably yes.
Is it a good ide? Probably not.

The one thing that should never be scrimped on, is the PSU.

Jul 23, 2016
Generally I wouldn't use any Aerocool PSU to power my PC.
Problem is not wattage, it's quality (see point 1 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/ )

650W is more than enough even for a 2080 frankly, just from I can see, there's not really many reviews on it, and Aerocool are not well reputed for PSUs.

So will it work? Probably yes.
Is it a good ide? Probably not.

The one thing that should never be scrimped on, is the PSU.
problem was i was low on money and this was a good price for this bronze rated psu ( i live in lebanon so we don't have much choice and good prices) anyways ill have to look into selling this pc and getting w newer one but im afraid of getting a 2060 then the ps5 dropping and being more powerful than my pc.
btw my last psu was a thermaltake smart se 530w which i was told that it died by the pc shop . but it was still working.