PC Upgrade help?

ItsJakeee

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Okay, so hey,

I'm a fairly new PC gamer, with only a very basic PC;

(which can be found here: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03936079 );

And basically I'm looking to see if I can upgrade it, so i can actually play any games with a decent frame rate and graphical setting.

I was hoping that i would be able to just add a graphics card, and possibly some RAM, if I need it.

I have looked around, and found that the new GTX 1050Ti looks like a very good card for the £150 price tag. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would work in my system, and if it does, how i would install it.

I've read that the cards watt pull is 75W, meaning that a 300W power supply is required, which I currently have in the system. Would I need to upgrade this to be safe?

I believe that my current RAM (through checking) is 6GB, although I'm not certain on this.

Thanks in advance guys!

Solution
Sometimes OEM rigs do not like newer graphics cards, so it may not work. It should be safe to use, as that is what those cards were target at, those with OEM rigs with lower wattage PSU's. Just be sure to stick with the smaller, single fan, cards that lack an external PCI-E connector. Something like the Zotac Mini.

logainofhades

Titan
Sometimes OEM rigs do not like newer graphics cards, so it may not work. It should be safe to use, as that is what those cards were target at, those with OEM rigs with lower wattage PSU's. Just be sure to stick with the smaller, single fan, cards that lack an external PCI-E connector. Something like the Zotac Mini.

Solution