DukePaints

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Hello, looking to upgrade some parts of my PC before the release of Cyberpunk. I wasnt looking for a complete build replacement but if needed I can save.

Current Specs:
GPU: 2060 Super 8gb
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
RAM: 16gb DDR4
Mobo: unsure but I know it cant go higher then the i7, so that would probably need to be replaced

I was thinking of getting some expensive cooling and over clocking? maybe that would cover me until I can save to potentially move over to Ryzen. Or I was looking at getting

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 3.9GHz 8 Core (Socket AM4) CPU
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard
and then another 16gb of ram to make it 32gb

In terms of budget probably around 400-500 mark. Cheers

DukePaints

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Hello, looking to upgrade some parts of my PC before the release of Cyberpunk. I wasnt looking for a complete build replacement but if needed I can save.

Current Specs:
Mobo: GIGABYTE Z170-Gaming K3 ATX Motherboard (Will probably need replacing)

I was thinking of getting some expensive cooling and over clocking? maybe that would cover me until I can save to potentially move over to Ryzen. Or I was looking at getting

Current Specs:
Mobo: unsure but I know it cant go higher then the i7, so that would probably need to be replaced

Well you have a good machine you could wait for the 5000 series cpu and get 5700x , if oc is your plan get 240mm aio or more although it could be expensive overall with new cpu Mobo and aio however if you find a deal on the 3000 series go ahead and get 500 series chipset Mobo imo.

DukePaints

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Well you could wait for the 5000 series cpu and get 5700x , if oc is your plan get 240mm aio or more although it could be expensive overall with new cpu Mobo and aio however if you find a deal on the 3000 series go ahead and get 500 series chipset Mobo imo.
hi mate, basically I messed this thread up, could you reply to the new one I made so I can save all this? Cheers

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Current Specs:

I would just keep what you have and try the game when it comes out. Your PC might play it fine their no reason to upgrade for a game that's not even out.

DukePaints

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
I would just keep what you have and try the game when it comes out. Your PC might play it fine their no reason to upgrade for a game that's not even out.
Honestly, youre probably right here. I can run MW really clean on higher settings, just seems like, especially with Assassins Creed Valhalla the required specs are kinda brutal

Honestly you don't really need to upgrade anything if those are your upgrade options. The 7700K performs near 3800X performance (give or take 1-10 FPS less) and you will see very little to no difference going from 16GB RAM to 32GB. If anything I'd first upgrade the GPU to one of Nvidia's or AMD's new GPUs (Nvidia rtx 3000 series & AMD's RX 6000 series). Those will really boost your performance. And on the side of CPU's AMD is going to release some new chips that are shown to outright beat intel in gaming now, so I'd hold off upgrading CPU till you get to see those CPU's.

DukePaints

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Honestly you don't really need to upgrade anything if those are your upgrade options. The 7700K performs near 3800X performance (give or take 1-10 FPS less) and you will see very little to no difference going from 16GB RAM to 32GB. If anything I'd first upgrade the GPU to one of Nvidia's or AMD's new GPUs (Nvidia rtx 3000 series & AMD's RX 6000 series). Those will really boost your performance. And on the side of CPU's AMD is going to release some new chips that are shown to outright beat intel in gaming now, so I'd hold off upgrading CPU till you get to see those CPU's.
Cheers for your input mate. One thing I notice with myself is I mistake badly optimized games for my PC being bad, so something I need to sort out

Current Specs:

Well you have a good machine you could wait for the 5000 series cpu and get 5700x , if oc is your plan get 240mm aio or more although it could be expensive overall with new cpu Mobo and aio however if you find a deal on the 3000 series go ahead and get 500 series chipset Mobo imo

Cheers for your input mate. One thing I notice with myself is I mistake badly optimized games for my PC being bad, so something I need to sort out

Then you won't need to worry about Cyberpunk. The fact they said min requirements is a GTX 780 (a GPU that came out more than 6 years ago) one can only suspect that they have spent much time optimizing this game. Also it will be coming with DLSS, the 2060 should definitely be able to support that - free FPS for you. The only downside is the Ray tracing. the 2060 has poor RTX capabilities.

DukePaints

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Then you won't need to worry about Cyberpunk. The fact they said min requirements is a GTX 780 (a GPU that came out more than 6 years ago) one can only suspect that they have spent much time optimizing this game. Also it will be coming with DLSS, the 2060 should definitely be able to support that - free FPS for you. The only downside is the Ray tracing. the 2060 has poor RTX capabilities.
tbh RTX doesnt bother me, I get peace of mind knowing I can enable it if I want but for the most part I never do, I really don't notice a massive change.