PC Upgrade Parts

Nov 23, 2018
want to upgrade my pc for better gameplay and stream
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six core processor
Memory: 1 x 8.0 GB RAM
Video Card: Radeon RX 580 4.0 GB
Dont know what other info you need but just ask, price doesnt really matter, want to see what is out there and if it seems good i will buy

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That is still a damn good combination for gaming. What screen rez and refresh rate do you game at? (If that is your reason for the upgrade)

Assuming for the moment that you don't want to start over with a whole new platform, the first thing would be to upgrade the gfx card. The 2nd would be to get a matching stick of RAM and utilize dual channel mode for ~10% bump in performance.

Nov 23, 2018

1920x1080 @60hz and my friend says its all good but i feel like i can do a few upgrades to it and like i said, it doesnt really matter on price or components i would need to buy for it either

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
At 1080p/60Hz, you already have more CPU than needed. And the gfx card is already producing more frames per second than your monitor can refresh. If you want to go a different route, list your complete specs.

Nov 23, 2018
yea it runs good but its when i start to stream i have to lower, i want to run it all at 1080 and 60fps or higher and whats specs do you need, im new to this, i actually bought my pc from a friend so thats why i want to upgrade if i can to get better at streaming

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

About the only thing you're lacking for fast streaming is possibly a better gfx card. More VRAM and a step up to a GTX 1070, 1080. Your processor is not hurting you. Are you sure you have a solid internet connection?
Run MSI Afterburner and open the OSD so you can monitor CPU usage vs GPU usage. See where the weak spot is.
Here is something to read that may help.

Nov 23, 2018
thank you i am going to look into gfx card and ram, my internet connection is great i think so i may look at those things for now