May 16, 2012
I have just upgraded my pc with the following components

MOBO – Asus Rog Strix Z490E gaming
CPU - Intel I7 10700K LGA 1200
PSU - Corsair RM750X
GPU - ASUS GeoForce GTX1660 Super
Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2*32GB 360 MHz

When switching power ON , internal lights display
When switching PC on, the fans start and lights display on the motherboard. The motherboard then displays “00”. The PC then switches off and restarts continually.
On checking with ASUS motherboard online support, it indicates that this is a CPU issue. I then removed the CPU, checked the pins which all appear ok and reset the CPU (also cleaning the CPU and CPU fan and reapplying arctic paste.

I then switched on and the PC booted and worked for 8 hrs. This included switching the PC off a couple of times.

Next morning, when switching the PC on, I had the “00” error code and the continual restarting again. I repeated the removal of CPU etc as previously listed and the PC started up and worked for 8 hrs. At the end of the day I switched off the PC and put it back on and got the “00” error again.

Do I have a problem with CPU or the MOBO? I do not have spares of either.
Any suggestions, many thanks

Solution
Is the motherboard maintaining the time? Could just be a poorly connected CMOS battery.

If you haven't checked, also confirm you are running the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
Has your motherboard been updated to the latest BIOS version and drivers?
Yes! first thing I did.
Is the motherboard maintaining the time? Could just be a poorly connected CMOS battery.

If you haven't checked, also confirm you are running the latest BIOS for the motherboard.
Latest BIOS loaded. Will check the time when I dig it out of the " scrap pile" !!!