Question PC Upgrade Recommendations

Oct 5, 2018
I posted last week about purchasing an IbuyPower TG731 and how i was wanting to upgrade the graphics card and possibly the processor i dont really want to spend more than $250 but if it will make a difference and make my games look better then i will pay more. The last time i posted this i forgot to list the computers specs so ill make sure to leave them this time lol!

• Display Features: High-Definition
• Processor Brand: Intel
• Processor Speed: Up to 3.2 Ghz
• Processor Type: Intel Core i5-4430
• Cache Memory Installed Capacity: 4MB L2 Cache, 6MB L3 Cache
• System RAM: 8 GB
• Memory RAM Type: DDR3
• Maximum RAM Supported: 16 GB
• Total RAM Slots Free: 0 Free/2 Total
• Data Storage Capacity: Desktop Computers2TB Hard Drive Capacity
• Hard Drive Speed: 7200 RPM
• Built-In Graphics Card Model: Intel HD Graphics
• Optical Drive Type: DVD±R/RW
• Maximum Read Speeds: DVD-ROM 24x
• Maximum Write Speeds: DVD+R 22x
• Maximum Rewrite Speeds: DVD-RW 8x
• Wired Technology: 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
• Wired Connectivity: USB 2.0, PS/2, HDMI, Microphone Jack, Headphone, SPDIF Out, USB 3.0
• Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11a
• Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 6
• Number of PS/2 Ports: 1
• Input Types: Microphone, Serial Port, PS/2, RJ-45, Parallel
• Output Types: HDMI, DVI, Serial Port, Parallel, Headphone Jack, Display Port
• Audio Features: 5.1-Channel Surround Sound5.1-Channel Surround Sound
• Number of Audio Inputs: 2 Rear, 2 Front
• Number of Audio Outputs: 2 Rear
• Number of PCI Slots: 1 Free/2 Total PCI Slots
• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
• Accessories Included: Mouse, Keyboard

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I guess it is still not clear what you are trying to accomplish?

So you already have this system and want to spend $250 on a graphics card?

Not really much you can do with the processor but drop in an i7-4770/i7-4770k or i7-4790/i7-4790k, that is going to cost your whole budget. If the idea is games, than install a GTX1060. The i5 is good enough for most games.

Oct 5, 2018

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, from the list you don't have anything but the integrated graphics on the CPU.

Looking like garbage is just a matter of settings in game. Performance is another matter, more GPU allows for higher settings/resolutions while maintaining a decent frames per second output.

Since you aren't mentioning what games, or the resolution you are playing at, I have no idea what to tell you. With $250 in hand a GTX1060 would be a reasonable GPU upgrade.

#1 common mistake of new PC owners is plugging the monitor into the motherboard instead of the graphics card. If you do have a graphics card, make sure the monitor is plugged into it.

the specs you listed are not very clear. what games are you trying to play? have to tried increasing the resolution in the games settings to improve image quality?

Oct 5, 2018

Oct 5, 2018

Oct 5, 2018
im sorry i just found them online. i play Fortnite and have changed the settings and it looks rough. PUBG looks fine. but i mostly play FPS. Like i said this is a whole new world for me and thanks for trying to help!

thats not a goof way to list PC specs. with prebuilts the model number can be the same same but can always have different configuration of parts like CPU and graphics cards.

Oct 5, 2018