Question PC Upgrade Tips?

JPWells123

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hello everyone, first post to the forum in over 5 years!

I need a bit of assistance in upgrading my PC (bought early 2018) and thought I'd ask you kind folk for some help.
My Current Rig:
CPU: i5 7500 (locked)
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X
Mobo: ASUS PRIME B250-PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB DDR4 3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 128GB M.2 SSD (W10 OS installed on this) and 1TB SanDisk SSD PLUS
PSU: Corsair VS 550W
Case: Corsair Carbide 200R

I mainly play games such as: The Witcher 3, Doom, Modded Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA 5, Dishonored and many more RPGs and such.
I feel however that my system can't run newer games that well and even struggles with older titles at 1080p Ultra.
I can't wait for Cyberpunk and many other games this year so I definitely want to upgrade my system into a beast.

What shall I upgrade first? I have decided to stay with Intel/Nvidia btw (I am well aware of how esteemed Ryzen is but I simply prefer Blue)

Thanks for reading and if anyone has recommendations!

I think your CPU and GPU are a pretty good match but I think this makes it tricky to upgrade just one and get significant improvement. I would be looking at a new CPU and GPU....but the fastest CPU for that MB is pretty pricey from what I recall....the i7-7700 or 7700K...but with that you could go with a faster GPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS