Discussion PC Upgrade to OC over the limits

Sep 8, 2020
My MAIN Retropc in sign has : QX9770 and i can OC it to 4GHz without problems (actually i can go higher but i don t need more) --> this pc is ok just the way it is
My second Retropc has : Q9550 - can t oc past 3.6 stable - it s just a bad cpu even for a q9550

i can have for cheap a modded xeon with X10 Multiplier
if you were me would you do it?
(i am able to mod the cpu and add microcode in bios, this is not a problem, it s just the time )

Last edited:
I wouldn't get one of those fake illegal xeons. If you can find a genuine one that's pre-modded by someone that also ran it previously, that would be good. Otherwise by a genuine used one and mod it. Depending on what you're putting it in, you may not even have to mod the bios for it. (I know a lot of the older Dells supported xeons even on the stock bios.)

Sep 8, 2020
I wouldn't get one of those fake illegal xeons. If you can find a genuine one that's pre-modded by someone that also ran it previously, that would be good. Otherwise by a genuine used one and mod it. Depending on what you're putting it in, you may not even have to mod the bios for it. (I know a lot of the older Dells supported xeons even on the stock bios.)
it s a legit pre modded xeon X5470 (X10 multiplier) i can have it for really cheap (next to nothing)
thank you friend :)