ripperken

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2002
my current specs :
Amd tb 1200mhz
320mb SDRAM
MSi kt7 mobo

I want to upgrade my pc, but don't know if i'll use a p4 system or an amd system.
If i use amd i'll wait untill the hammer comes out. And use pc3200ram
For the p4 : a P4 2.4Ghz 533fsb
what kind of ram do i use here ? - RDram , pc2700(heard this gives crappy performance on p4) , or pc3200( no mobo available)

And then what would be best the hammer(ddr333) or p4(rambus) or p4(ddr333) or p4(ddr400) ...

main purpose : Gaming
any suggestions for mobo's ?

malignant

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2001
I know fugger will say Abit IT7 MAX2 and i agree. The only bad thing about it is no parallel port/serial but who really needs it. Its the best performer and you can run ddr400 on it but unofficially. Its around $170 but has tons of usb, sata, and raid etc. Its the best non-rambus solution right now. Of course granite bay is suppose to be out soon which has dual ddr so i guess if you can wait then wait or go for the MAX2.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There is a mobo available for PC3200 on the P4, it's the Gigabyte GA-8SG667

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

BOBSHACK

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
You really should wait until some dual channel DDR boards come out for the p4 because they should give u a nice performance boost over regular DDR

Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Unfortunately the latest news I can find is that the earliest Dual Channel DDR chipset on teh release list, the SiS 655, has been delayed to make room for increased 648 production.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

ripperken

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2002
thx , I think i'll fgo for the p4 with dual ddr.
should be alot better than my Sdram atm :p
Hop those board come out soon.