Aug 9, 2019
Hey, I was just thinking about upgrading my PC a little, since in some games(especially new ones) i don't have enough fps to be able to play them. Since I don't play as much anymore(job, hobbies, etc.), I'm not considering a whole new setup right now.. I got other things to use my money for. I was just thinking about upgrading the graphics card. But before buying I want to ask someone more experienced, is it enough? Or would the PC still struggle since my CPU is kinda old too.. New graphics card I was thinking about would be some with 1060 GPU.

Current pecifications:
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43
CPU: Intel Core i5 3470
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7790
RAM: 8 GB

I hope that is all you need to know.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Solution
You could improve your fps in most games with a GPU upgrade, but your CPU will still limit you to some extent. What power supply do you have? The GTX 1060 uses a little more power than the HD 7790.
Hey, I was just thinking about upgrading my PC a little, since in some games(especially new ones) i don't have enough fps to be able to play them. Since I don't play as much anymore(job, hobbies, etc.), I'm not considering a whole new setup right now.. I got other things to use my money for. I was just thinking about upgrading the graphics card. But before buying I want to ask someone more experienced, is it enough? Or would the PC still struggle since my CPU is kinda old too.. New graphics card I was thinking about would be some with 1060 GPU.

Current pecifications:
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43
CPU: Intel Core i5 3470
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7790
RAM: 8 GB

I hope that is all you need to know.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Depends on the game and how cpu intensive it is. As a test drop your resolution to a very low setting in your games, this should show the best possible fps your cpu can deliver. A better gpu will help you achieve these maximum fps at your normal resolution. If you dont see much fps increase you are already cpu limited.

Aug 9, 2019
My supply is VS650 from Corsair, as I was calculating along the other components, it should be enough to handle it. As for the cpu test, I'll respond later today after I try that. For now, thanks for the advices.