PC Upgrades Please

Aug 8, 2018
I am looking to upgrade my PC
I am doing this as i belive my current one is playing up too often.
I mainly play Starcraft 2 at imo a high level (its not a dead game), but i do enjoy playing other games like ark, indie games, building games (cities skylines, planet coaster) and rainbow six siege and battlefield 5 soon.
I have around a £200-£350 budget and am willing to upgrade any parts of the build
I am also planing on buying a second monitor but that is not included in this budget

PC SPECS
CPU - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz
CPU COOLER - Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim
MOBO - Gigabyte B250M-D2V
GPU - XFX RX 470
PSU - Corsair VS550
STORAGE - Western Digital Blue 1TB Hard Drive
RAM - Crucial DDR4-2133 1x8GB
CASE - Fractal Design Mini C Window

Solution
Getting a new graphics card for that budget in the current market might not be getting you anything with substantially better performance.

Without getting a new motherboard, a processor like an i5 7600 or i5 7600k should still help. You could also go for the i7 7700k, which has double the threads (not always used fully by games) and higher base core clocks than the 7600 line-up, although it runs hotter and is more expensive.
I'd recommend the 7700k version even though you can't overclock it because it has a much higher base clock. The i5 7600k only has a 1ghz boost over the non-k version, though. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaby_Lake for details.

jerrylee22

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Getting a new graphics card for that budget in the current market might not be getting you anything with substantially better performance.

Without getting a new motherboard, a processor like an i5 7600 or i5 7600k should still help. You could also go for the i7 7700k, which has double the threads (not always used fully by games) and higher base core clocks than the 7600 line-up, although it runs hotter and is more expensive.
I'd recommend the 7700k version even though you can't overclock it because it has a much higher base clock. The i5 7600k only has a 1ghz boost over the non-k version, though. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaby_Lake for details.

Solution