Question PC upgrades

Hello everyone,
First of all this will be a long thread so I will really appreciate anyone who comes forward and helps.
Its about time I start planning a new pc build, and ill need some advice since I haven't been following the PC world for well over a year now.
You can see my current specs in my signature, so I think we can agree its time for a completely new change.
The games I play the most are: League of Legends, GTA V, Forza Horizon, Need for Speed Heat (and older ones) , Valorant/CSGO, and I currently i don't have problems with playing them normally on normal/lower-ish settings, but I want to be able to play more AAA titles (and upcoming AAA titles) at a higher graphics quality, and not hope for 30fps on all low settings. I play on a 1920x1080 60hz monitor, which I intend to upgrade to a 144hz down the road too.
The budget for the PC is around €700-€750.
I wanna do this part by part, so I believe its best we start with the CPU.
CPU: Current one is i7 3770k, I got it in a bundle with the motherboard for €120 ,used, back in August 2021, and it really hasnt let me down ever, its cooled by a Antec A30 cooler, and the temps have never been higher than 80C in any game i played. But i think for the future its best that i upgrade to 6 core/12 thread cpu, just to be safe. I dont know which one to pick and which one is the best for my budget.
CPU SHOP
CPU COOLER: I need recommendation for this, i was thinking a €20-€30 one will do.
COOLER SHOP
RAM: Currently have 24gb (3x8gb) 1333mhz ddr3 ram, never really used more than 13-14bg at max usage, so I think I will be fine with some 16gb (2x8gb) 3200mhz ddr4 kit (assuming I will be on ddr4 platform, i know ddr5 came out, although i dont know much about it).
RAM SHOP
CASE: Currently have Raidmax Neon RGB, i did some modding to it by myself to increase airflow on the front panel, but its a really tight case and honestly i had to do way too much work just to make it work, so I laid my eyes on the ANTEC AX61 Elite case (link to manufacturer) , saw a couple reviews on it, all where positive, although there were complaints about the preinstalled ARGB fans being powered by SATA and 3-pin cable to the motherboard, but its just fans, I can replace them whenever i want to. Airflow seems to be amazing for the budget and the case is visually appealing, to me atleast.
CASE SHOP
MOTHERBOARD: Current one is ASUS P8Z77-V LX, it was bought in a bundle with the CPU, never had problems with it, but I have to change it with the CPU obviously, dont know what to choose. I would like to keep the build with a ATX motherboard, if possible.
MOTHERBOARD SHOP
PSU: Currently have CHIEFTEC ELP 700S , i got it from my uncle back in 2020, i know it has bad reputation, but i didnt have any single issue with it for the 3 years i own it, although it wasnt on much load to be honest, i doubt my whole setup pulled more than 500W anyway. I need recommendation for a new one, i would prefer for it to be modular.
PSU SHOP
GPU: Now to the biggest dillema. Judging by the games i want to play, i will need something with way more VRAM than 4 gb. Whole my life I wanted to own a GTX 1080ti, although the card was released like 5-6 years ago, it still holds its own in newer games. I dont inted to run the games on full ultra settings, i just want to play them by not running everything on low/off hoping for 30fps, if u know what i mean. Obviously, a 1080ti can only be bought used, currently the 1080ti's are going for €200 and more on my local used market. Now im debating should I go with the 1080ti, or buy something in the lower range, but newer, around €200-250. I need major help on the GPU decision.
1080Ti LOCAL MARKET
GPU SHOP
HDD and SSD I already have and i wont change them. HDD is 1tb, SSD 250gb, i dont need more.
Thats about it. Peripherals i will change on my own in the near future. But first i want to secure the PC upgrades.
I will shop for part at Gigatron, since i am from Serbia keep in mind I don't have that many parts available, as people who live in US do, I put a link with all the filters you will need for each parts, since I think you will have trouble with the language.
Since the currency in Serbia is dinar (RSD), here is convertor for you to help you:
RSD to USD ,
Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4 15.190,00 din

https://www.eponuda.com/racunari-pr...cesor-6-core-2-50ghz-4-40ghz-box-cena-5231572
Intel Core i5-12400F 18.989,00 din

https://www.eponuda.com/ram-memorij...hannel-pvs416g320c6k-ram-memorija-cena-503393
Patriot Steel Viper DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB (2x8GB) CL16 4.599,00 din

Thank you for your recommendation.
I have some adjustments:
CPU - 11400F , it has 6 cores 12 threads, up to 4.40GHz, and from the reviews I have seen its more than enough for my gaming uses. Not to mention its almost 50% cheaper. (16.999din)
MOBO - GIGABYTE B560M DS3H V2 (rev. 1.0) . It seems that LGA 1200 ATX motherboards are out of stock here in Serbia, so I will have to settle for a Micro-ATX one, which isn't a problem for me, but I would prefer to have ATX, but what can you do... Getting a LGA 1700 ATX motherboard raises the price significantly, and since this is a budget build I will have to compromise a little bit. And since I don't plan on overclocking anything (maybe I will play around with MSI AFTERBURNER, but that is GPU overclocking, not CPU) I think this motherboard will be enough. Also it has 4 DIMM slots, which is useful for future upgrades, if needed. Its also 7000din cheaper (12.999din)
RAM - I would keep the one you recommended, btw why is the price of ddr4 ram so low?? A 16gb (2x8gb) set used to be about €80 here, now the price is cut in half. If I have some money left from this build I will add €30 more to buy 32gbs, might as well do it while its cheap. (5000din for 2x8gb kit, 10000din for 2x16gb kit)
SSD- I don't need new storage. I have 1TB HDD for games, and a 250GB SSD for OS and smaller apps in my current build.
PSU - I believe spending €150 for a PSU for my build is way too much. I know that its not good to cheap out on PSUs, but I think I will be fine with one of these for example. (10000din)
CASE - I will stick the ANTEC AX61 Elite ( 9000din)
CPU COOLER - In the beginning I think I will stay with the Antec A30 I currently own, since the airflow in the new case is good. I will closely monitor temps and if they get high during gaming I will buy a new CPU Cooler. I repaste both my GPU and CPU every 3 months, so I will really see if the Antec A30 is not enough for i5-11400f, or if something else will cause high temps.
Total for my config comes out to 54000din (€460) which leaves about €250 for the GPU.

Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4 15.190,00 din

https://www.eponuda.com/racunari-pr...cesor-6-core-2-50ghz-4-40ghz-box-cena-5231572
Intel Core i5-12400F 18.989,00 din

https://www.eponuda.com/ram-memorij...hannel-pvs416g320c6k-ram-memorija-cena-503393
Patriot Steel Viper DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB (2x8GB) CL16 4.599,00 din
Thank you for your recommendation.
Taking into account that I will have to buy a new case, PSU, GPU, I think your recommendations will go over my planned budget.
Honestly I think I will be fine on the LGA 1200 platform, going to LGA 1700 will really extend my budget.
Also I plan on shopping at Gigatron only, since in past I had problems with different shops, plus I have Gigatron shop in my city, which makes purchases a lot easier.

Reactions: Why_Me
Any chance you can get a ryzen 5500 cpu in a b450 or b550 mobo?

I would atleast suggest getting the Corsair cx series instead of the cv.

A quality psu is worth it. 10 years of headache free with that seasonic prime.

You just have to update the mobo bios in a local PC shop before use for the 5500 cpu.

As for gpu, maybe look for a used RX6600? Or a RX5700XT? RTX2060 super

Last edited:
Any chance you can get a ryzen 5500 cpu in a b450 or b550 mobo?

I would atleast suggest getting the Corsair cx series instead of the cv.

A quality psu is worth it. 10 years of headache free with that seasonic prime.

You just have to update the mobo bios in a local PC shop before use for the 5500 cpu.

As for gpu, maybe look for a used RX6600? Or a RX5700XT? RTX2060 super
Moving the AMD might be the better idea from the financial standpoint.
The Ryzen 5500 has almost identical gaming performance as the Ryzen 5 3600, from the reviews I've seen, and the 3600 is 4000din/€35 cheaper.
Since they are both on the AM4 platform, I can get a nicer ATX motherboard, like the B450 Aorus Elite V2. Also I wouldn't have to do a BIOS update for the Ryzen 3600.
Also I can keep using my Antec A30 CPU cooler, since its supports AM4 socket.
About the PSU, I think this 750W unit you recommended is too much for my build. I understand that I shouldn't cheap out on the PSU, but spending €150 on a 750W unit in a budget build , while my whole build isn't gonna pull more than 500W-550W at max load even if I go with the more power hungry 1080ti (and it will rarely be on really high load since I am playing moba's and fps shooters way more than AAA titles), doesn't make sense to me. If I had a SLI configuration of 2 or 3 1080ti's, then yes, I would 100% go with the one u recommended, but for my build I believe something like this is more than enough.
As for GPU, both the RX 6600 and the 1080ti go for around €200-€250 on the used market, so that wouldn't be a problem.
I looked at some gaming tests between the two cards and the 1080ti had 10-ish or more FPS in most cases, but its consumption was 40% or 50% more than the RX6600, so I can't overlook that fact. I also want to move away from Radeon GPU's since I have been using a R9 380 4gb for over 4 years, and often times I get some random blackscreen, freezing or some issue with the drivers. I will think about the GPU situation, but thank you for the recommendation, helped my mind open about this GPU situation.

I would suggest this instead, newer design and better performance:

that Antex A30 is a 2 heatpipe, small cooler, it would not perform better than the included stock cooler... but if it is sufficient, no problem...

You can later upgrade to 5800X3D for a good gaming performance.

Reactions: Dj0gany
I would suggest this instead, newer design and better performance:

that Antex A30 is a 2 heatpipe, small cooler, it would not perform better than the included stock cooler... but if it is sufficient, no problem...

You can later upgrade to 5800X3D for a good gaming performance.
That's more like it, that PSU certainly fits in my budget.
About the cooler, the Ryzen 5 3600 that they have in stock in my shop is WOF (without fan), so I would have to use my Antec A30 regardless. I will monitor temps and if they get dangerous I will buy a new CPU cooler.
The upgradability on the B450 Aorus is really good, and the design is amazing for the price, so I will likely go with it.

So far:
Ryzen 5 3600
GIGABYTE Aorus Elite V2 B450
Kingston Beast RGB 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz
Antec AX61 Elite
Asus TUF GAMING 650W 650B
I might "degrade" to a gtx 1080 8gb, since the availability of the gtx 1080ti is really bad in my country, also its not a drastic performance diff between the two, considering the fact that I can find the 1080 for almost €100 cheaper on the used market. I am currently looking at this one for example.
The current total for everything is around 73000din or €620, which in my opinion is really good price considering the parts I will be getting

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_SLS

TRENDING THREADS