[SOLVED] PC USB Ports Not Working

Sep 2, 2020
Hi,

My friend gave me his used PC, but he took away the storage. So I got a new ssd, installed it, and now is trying to install windows. But the usb ports does not seem to work when trying to use keyboard and mouse. What should I do here?

Keyboard does work. PC works when he had it. USB port does not charge phone either. The fans are on. Does not display anything on the monitor.
(Sorry for bad English)

Thank you in advance.

Solution
USB ports don't work at all even when trying to go into the BIOS? Try doing a BIOS reset by pulling the CMOS battery? USB not working and no display sounds like a dead motherboard to me or the power supply is bad. If you have no display that is more than just USB ports not working.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

include the version of OS you're trying to install. You should be using Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer.

Sep 2, 2020
My friend did not give me the specific parts. I'll write what he gave me and what I can see from the pc.

CPU: i7
Motherboard: H110M DS/Hyper (should be asrock)
Ram: G.Skills Ripjaws V series 2x16gb
SSD/HDD: teamgroup gx2 512gb 2.5" ssd
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 (should be Asus Phoenix Fan)
PSU: Can't really see

I know how to install windows, the main problem is that the usb ports (keyboard, mousse) dont work and the monitor is not displaying.

Thank you.

USB ports don't work at all even when trying to go into the BIOS? Try doing a BIOS reset by pulling the CMOS battery? USB not working and no display sounds like a dead motherboard to me or the power supply is bad. If you have no display that is more than just USB ports not working.

Solution