Mar 8, 2014
Specs:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T4
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
Memory: 16gb RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Wifi Adapter: Netgear A6210

My pc will turn on, however it does not post to the monitor at all and seems completely unresponsive. It is even unresponsive to the power and restart buttons on the front panel. I’m not sure why but it will not show any information on the monitor and i’ve checked multiple times that all the cables are plugged in. The issue started occurring when I was playing a game (Escape from Tarkov) , and the PC froze then after a few seconds it turned off. I then turned the pc back on, launched the game and while still in the menu my PC froze again, and after a few seconds it turned off. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t turn back on and only seems to power my peripherals without any response or post to the monitor. Thanks for any help.

Possibly a PSU problem? IDK what is your power supply and if it's as old as the rest of your system try replacing it and see if that helps. If not I'm afraid you may have damaged your components irrecoverably. Though it's impossible to know really what is damaged and what is causing the problem without an extra PC to test with.

Reactions: mamasan2000

Oakspirit

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
To fix it I took out my CMOS battery and put it back in and it worked fine, however i’m having a variety of reoccurring issues with my PC still. Every time on boot my PC will enter disk checking and I have to skip it within 10 seconds for my PC to turn on. I’ve let the disk checking run and it will last for days without making much progress. My drives all work fine in actual use but this still occurs.

One reoccurring issue that makes this worse is sometimes my keyboard won’t be detected on startup for whatever reason, even if l try to unplug it and replug it during those 10 seconds. This issue can sometimes occur 6 or more restarts in a row and the only solution I have is to keep trying until my keyboard works.

Merged by moderator:

Another issue is with my wifi adapter, even after changing out my adapter and even using hard wired, sometimes my internet will cut out repeatedly. I will have to keep turning internet on and off, unplugging and replugging my internet adapter until it eventually detects internet. Sometimes I can solve this issue in like 20 seconds and other times it will take like 10 minutes.