PC Version of GTA V Appears on Amazon in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxiide

Distinguished
With so many excellent GTA-style games already available on PC, with the complete disregard Rockstar has shown us so far, with Rockstar's history of shoddy PC ports, I have zero interest in GTA V on PC at this point. There's just too much competition that treats us better and looks more interesting, both on the market now and coming in the future.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I won't be getting it. GTAIV was a big let down, and from what I've seen, GTAV, while definitely better, still very much follows GTAIV's trend of driving around a lot without any real excitement in missions...GTA SA is still, for me, the best GTA experience around.

ToiletNinjaa

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
With so many excellent GTA-style games already available on PC, with the complete disregard Rockstar has shown us so far, with Rockstar's history of shoddy PC ports, I have zero interest in GTA V on PC at this point. There's just too much competition that treats us better and looks more interesting, both on the market now and coming in the future.
The guys who ported Max Payne 3 to PC are in charge of this port as well, and from what I've heard, the Max Payne 3 port was quite good. Rockstar hasn't officially announced GTA V for PC yet because of obligations to the console makers; there might be a certain date they need to reach before they can say anything. I loved GTA 4 and its community who are still releasing mods for the game today, and even if it was a mess at launch on PC, the patches have fixed the majority of issues. I think with the new people in charge, there shouldn't be large problems when GTA V launches on PC.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
March is the date being bounded around the internet for the pc release. You would expect it to have been announced by now if that was the case.

Rock*'s treatment of the pc has been awful the last 10 years. GTA V is a last gen game now, and looked pretty shoddy on the 360.

I'll most likely still buy it on release lol lame huh

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I just finished Sleeping Dogs on PC. Honestly, unless GTV has combat as good as SD then I don't want it. Those fighting mechanics in SD were just excellent for an open-world game.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I just finished Sleeping Dogs on PC. Honestly, unless GTV has combat as good as SD then I don't want it. Those fighting mechanics in SD were just excellent for an open-world game.
I feel you bro, Sleeping Dogs fighting mechanics is really awesome and felt real especially in using their surroundings. But if GTA gonna use similar mechanics, then Franklin, or Michael, or whoever, needs to be a kung fu master lol. But yeah, I'll probably buying the game for PC only to enjoy the view to its fullest and the ability to mod this game on PC. I played it on the console anyway.

Considering that Max Payne 3 came to the PC only 15 days after the PS3 and 360 and as well had the best graphics and DX11 capabilities at the time, I would say Rockstar has shown the PC plenty of love. When GTA 4 came out, it had a lot of issues but they fixed them all and even added in advanced menus and the ability to record video, mix it and upload it.Rockstar is one of the only other companies I will insta-buy their PC games from. VALVe is number one, for good reason with Rockstar and Bethesda holding second place. The rest are only if the game is good enough.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Agreed with jimmysmitty---Max Payne 3 ran flawlessly on my PC...it was just the game itself that was rather underwhelming, IMHO.Contrast that to a brilliant Rockstar game with a terrible port, L.A. Noire PC. They didn't get that one ironed out for a while.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
As much as I want to, I won't be getting it. I need to upgrade my computer as it is to play the previous GTA, and well, just about anything that's come out in the last year. I was hoping to wait for Haswell E.

Karan Thakur

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Gta 4 disappointed me as my excitment of playing this game lasted not even a month just buildings everywhere but san andreas included country side,canyons they were the best part and gta v is also similar to san andreas...i am really excited to play gta v on pc....

The guys who ported Max Payne 3 to PC are in charge of this port as well, and from what I've heard, the Max Payne 3 port was quite good. Rockstar hasn't officially announced GTA V for PC yet because of obligations to the console makers; there might be a certain date they need to reach before they can say anything. I loved GTA 4 and its community who are still releasing mods for the game today, and even if it was a mess at launch on PC, the patches have fixed the majority of issues. I think with the new people in charge, there shouldn't be large problems when GTA V launches on PC.
well with the new console's now using x86 CPU's we shouldn't have to worry about bad ports going forward or at least not as bad as they were in the past

FFH

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I have all the GTA games, from the PS2 generation, for PC. I never bought GTA IV because I didn't like the gameplay and story on the PS3 version. I also heard that it had issues on PC too. The PS3 version had horrible frame rate issues. From what I've seen, the game is a lot more fun than GTA IV. I'll buy it for PC, but I'll wait for reviews to see if there are performance issues.

Matthew Zweig

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
I purchased GTAV for my ps3 and loved it, I stopped playing single player half way because i wanted the experience on my pc. I will definitely be buying this. GTAV really brought back everything i loved in the first place about GTA series, The staring characters are written fantastically and the comentary is hilarious.Gameplay is also leaps ahead of past GTA game and on par with Max Payne 3....and the mods man think of the mods.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Do you think they will allow PC users to play with Console users? I would really like to eat up some controller jockeys with the superior Mouse and Keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS