PC Version Of 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' Out On Same Day As Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Konami wants to shove this out the door as fast as possible so they can finally wash their hands of non mobile games and focus more on Pachinko. Hopefully they get it right on launch, because I don't see much in the way of post release support for this one.

eddnav

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Why the hell does the recommended specs need an i7? does this game uses Hyperthreading of any sort? they recommend a 300$+ processor and a crappy outdated GPU? what's the deal? crappy port confirmed?

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Why the hell does the recommended specs need an i7? does this game uses Hyperthreading of any sort? they recommend a 300$+ processor and a crappy outdated GPU? what's the deal? crappy port confirmed?

MGSV: Ground Zeroes had the same exact system requirements and it was one of the best ports ever.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Damn, recommended 4790---well, that means that AMD cpus might really struggle in this game, since a 4790 stomps all over any consumer AMD on the market, including my 9590. Even in highly threaded, ideal situations that no real world game engine will ever achieve.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

MGSV: Ground Zeroes had the same exact system requirements and it was one of the best ports ever.

im running a phenom II and in that with everything maxed besides a few visual settings i don't like, i was getting 40-60fps with the average being 55~ some process kicked in in the background and it brought things to sub 20 till i closed it but that was the only hickup.

also 280X factory oc to ghz edition speeds.

ObelixThe

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
I am just about to make a major PC [upgrade] purchase. I came across this article while browsing inside tom's hardware. I was decided about the 6700K +GTX970. Should I rather opt for a 5820K and OC it to 4.2+ Ghz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS