PC Vertical Lines + Infinite Boot Cycle (Help)

Oct 14, 2018
My pc has ran into a problem where I have two vertical lines running down my monitor (monitor is fine), and my pc is in a constant booting cycle and wont enter repair mode.

I messed with the ram sticks seeing if one or both are dead, and got the same results. I checked if my gpu is causing any issues, by removing it and using onboarding graphics, and nothing would show up on my monitor. I also swapped cables, and still nothing showing on my monitor.

I then place my gpu on different slots, and got the same vertical lines everytime. I also swapped cables ranging from 2 different hdmi's and one dp.

My peripherals are all lit up and working accordingly, same with my external hard drive. My mother board hasn't mad a beep, and the the led (vga/cpu/dram/boot) debug only light up a 1/2 second and then turn off.

I have check everything that I can think of besides my psu. All connectors are in, and nothing is dangling.

With all the checks my pc is still in a infinit booting neve going into repair mode, and I have vertical lines on my screen on both booting and in bios.

PC:
Aorus RX580
Ryzen 2700x
Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming
16Gb 3100mzh Vengance
Corsair 750 Gold

Solution
your old 4790k was Intel and is different it has onboard Ryzen doesn't unless it's an APU. you old HDD is concern did you ever try to install windows 10 on the new system, because it's necessary when you change CPU and MB. using the old HDD, just switching it over is a bad idea, you need to format and reinstall windows. NOW THE VERTICAL lines i would have to believe your GPU is going bad from what you describe. you might want to look into getting an ssd as well
Oct 14, 2018
I am still having the same issues of Vertical lines on booting and bios. Plus the infinit booting.

Wouldn't plugging a hdmi or vga from the mb to the monitor display something? My old 4790k did, I would think the 2700x would to.

My storage is a WD 1tb Blue its 5 years old at most.

Oct 14, 2018
Update:
Like you said the 2700x cant run by itself. So it is my gpu that is fried.

But would my gpu cause a boot failure? I heard that could happen.

I also cant boot into safe mode

your old 4790k was Intel and is different it has onboard Ryzen doesn't unless it's an APU. you old HDD is concern did you ever try to install windows 10 on the new system, because it's necessary when you change CPU and MB. using the old HDD, just switching it over is a bad idea, you need to format and reinstall windows. NOW THE VERTICAL lines i would have to believe your GPU is going bad from what you describe. you might want to look into getting an ssd as well

Solution
Oct 14, 2018
I did the whole installation when changing hardware, and activated through Microsoft support.

I got a new ssd in and will be placing my OS on that.

This whole situation happend because I moved, and I guess the movement even though it was pack reasonably well caused my HDD to die and the GPU.

Hopefully Gigabytes warranty is still good on my GPU.