Apr 10, 2019
PC is very slow to startup, open apps, open files etc. Its slow at pretty much everything. I have tried sfc/scannow in cmd and i have disabled many startup and background apps. I have scanned for malware with MalwareBytes and Eset online security. I checked cpu temp but it seems to be around normal. (40-50 degrees C while under some load) Hard drive has plenty of free storage (somewhere around 600gb) Pc has win 10, Intel i3 cpu and asus mobo with 8gb ram. Is it possible that its a hardware issue? Like a failing psu/mobo/cpu?

If you want faster, you need an SSD....

Spinning hard drives for an OS install (and routine boots afterward) are just short of 'watching paint dry' compared to an SSD bootup...

Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860 EVO...

(If you have M.2 NVME capability, an Intel 1 TB 660P is only $109....

If you want faster, you need an SSD....

Spinning hard drives for an OS install (and routine boots afterward) are just short of 'watching paint dry' compared to an SSD bootup...

Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860 EVO...

(If you have M.2 NVME capability, an Intel 1 TB 660P is only $109....

What i3 are you using? (big difference in perceived speed between a dual core i3 and mainboard from 2011 with much slower RAM than compared to today's i3-8100 or 8350K, for instance...

agree an ssd will speed it up,but go into task manager and click on startup to see what programs are starting with windows.disable the programs you dont need to start with windows.this will greatly speed up your boot time.to put this in perspective i have two programs starting with windows.

Apr 10, 2019
I have done this before... it's not so much startup but more just when it's running it's slow. For example sometimes it will take 5 seconds to open the start menu.