Question PC veterans!

Jun 9, 2020
I'm desperate as many people on here probably are, and I seek the help of a pc vet, I recently bought 2 ibuypower pcs both i7s with the 2060 supers. One graphics card is a gigabyte and the other is a msi...they look and are exactly the same despite different graphics card manufacturers...the one with the msi works amazing where as the one with the gigabyte graphics card will freeze up on games, remain powered even after put to sleep (the screen turns black but the pc still runs) and has random crashes when a program does some nutty crap. It will normally run games just fine but today I started up a game, loaded the launcher and changed my mind as the launcher loaded and I exited the game, it then gave the popup for close program option and I clicked close. Looked up at my television to briefly watch the news then looked at my screen which was now solid black. I leaned over and the pc was dead. It wont start at all, both pcs are brand new. I dont know why one pc runs fine but the other ran like trash when the only difference was the manufacturer who made the graphics card...so now I am in a desperate state seeking any help whatsoever from anybody willing to help. When I click the button to turn on I can hear a light click but nothing happens, no lights or anything...I've browsed forums and cant find anything that has worked for me, could the brand new graphics card be fried?? I was only loading up a games launcher, crusader kings..😢😭😭

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
Sounds like you have a DOA on your hands. The one that isn’t working properly probably has an issue within the system and you should start an RMA with them about it.

as far as the GPUs looking the same but from different manufacturers, that is because they use the same spects that NVIDIA gives them. The difference between the two cards will be minimal and will be on the card itself. Some manufacturers add niceties to entice a user to buy their‘s over another’s. Some also add OC abilities without added extra costs. It all depends on who made it, but in the end they are the same spects with little modifications.