[SOLVED] PC VS Laptop VS Console

Neolightxx7

Reputable
Apr 24, 2016
My current gaming laptop is breaking down so i'm upgrading my setup. For Reference sake, it has an i7 with a full 1070 in it. My choices are to buy a cheap computer/laptop for school and work and wait for the next gen of consoles for my gaming. My second choice is to get a Razer 15 Blade 4k Oled laptop. Finally my final choice would be a full on high end gaming pc. For those who ask price isn't that big of an issue, I only want the best price for performance posible. I'm thinking of a tower with an i9-9900k cpu, deepcool gamer storm 360mm castle 360 cooler, 16g ddr4-3000 adata xpg d10 ram, rtx 2080 ti asus rog strix gpu, asus rog maximus xi code motherboard, 1200w-80 plus golf full modular power supply and 1tb adata su750 ssd with a read of 550 and write of 520. If i buy the desktop or consoles i would have to buy an Oled tv, as i really want to play my games on an Oled screen. Sorry for the long post and i don't even know if this is the right place to place this, but i would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Solution
My current gaming laptop is breaking down so i'm upgrading my setup. For Reference sake, it has an i7 with a full 1070 in it. My choices are to buy a cheap computer/laptop for school and work and wait for the next gen of consoles for my gaming. My second choice is to get a Razer 15 Blade 4k Oled laptop. Finally my final choice would be a full on high end gaming pc. For those who ask price isn't that big of an issue, I only want the best price for performance posible. I'm thinking of a tower with an i9-9900k cpu, deepcool gamer storm 360mm castle 360 cooler, 16g ddr4-3000 adata xpg d10 ram, rtx 2080 ti asus rog strix gpu, asus rog maximus xi code motherboard, 1200w-80 plus golf full modular power supply and 1tb adata su750 ssd...

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
My current gaming laptop is breaking down so i'm upgrading my setup. For Reference sake, it has an i7 with a full 1070 in it. My choices are to buy a cheap computer/laptop for school and work and wait for the next gen of consoles for my gaming. My second choice is to get a Razer 15 Blade 4k Oled laptop. Finally my final choice would be a full on high end gaming pc. For those who ask price isn't that big of an issue, I only want the best price for performance posible. I'm thinking of a tower with an i9-9900k cpu, deepcool gamer storm 360mm castle 360 cooler, 16g ddr4-3000 adata xpg d10 ram, rtx 2080 ti asus rog strix gpu, asus rog maximus xi code motherboard, 1200w-80 plus golf full modular power supply and 1tb adata su750 ssd with a read of 550 and write of 520. If i buy the desktop or consoles i would have to buy an Oled tv, as i really want to play my games on an Oled screen. Sorry for the long post and i don't even know if this is the right place to place this, but i would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Way I see it, this all depends on where you project most of your games to end up. If its the PC, then get a good PC, if not, just wait for the consoles. Likewise, if most of your games can also be played on a console, with only a few of those games either being PC exclusives or preferably played on the PC, like the upcoming Flight Simulator 2020, I wouldn't bother investing too much into a high end PC. I personally plan on most of my multiplayer games being on the console, with maybe a few single player focused games staying on the PC. Beyond all this, just get whatever you can afford. If you can afford both a high end PC and a console, then just get both. It doesn't have to be complicated.

Solution

Neolightxx7

Reputable
Apr 24, 2016
Actually, most of my games on on PC and I have a VR headset that I use regularly. Perhaps your right in that I should just go for the high end PC. Thanks for the advise.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Actually, most of my games on on PC and I have a VR headset that I use regularly. Perhaps your right in that I should just go for the high end PC. Thanks for the advise.

Yeah I would just focus on the PC in your case for now. A year from now the exclusives will really start rolling in for the new consoles which will be the perfect time to buy one. I plan on buying an Xbox Series X at launch, but that's just me.

Nov 9, 2019
Uh, PC and laptop are the same thing, Unless you are referring to Gaming Desktop vs Gaming Laptop? Personally, I think I am done with consoles for awhile. To me, there really is no motivation to buy one unless it is for a media system. These new consoles are basically just dumbed down gaming computers. Plus, with the new xbox not really having much exclusives anymore, I don't see much reason why to buy one when I can play all of the games on my computer.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Uh, PC and laptop are the same thing, Unless you are referring to Gaming Desktop vs Gaming Laptop? Personally, I think I am done with consoles for awhile. To me, there really is no motivation to buy one unless it is for a media system. These new consoles are basically just dumbed down gaming computers. Plus, with the new xbox not really having much exclusives anymore, I don't see much reason why to buy one when I can play all of the games on my computer.

Before this current generation, previous consoles were traditionally ahead of PC's in horse power before being overtaken a few months later. Its looking like that tradition is making a return with the new consoles coming. Its going to be a great time for the developers. You can achieve a lot more with the console than you can with a PC of a similar build, because they are much easier to optimize games for. You have a point with the lack of exclusives (probably gonna be the same case for PS5), but one major reason why most people will still stick with the consoles is because of convenience. They don't have to deal with the hassle that comes with PC gaming, where we see people constantly encountering problems you just don't see nearly as much if at all on the console.

Nov 9, 2019
Before this current generation, previous consoles were traditionally ahead of PC's in horse power before being overtaken a few months later. Its looking like that tradition is making a return with the new consoles coming. Its going to be a great time for the developers. You can achieve a lot more with the console than you can with a PC of a similar build, because they are much easier to optimize games for. You have a point with the lack of exclusives (probably gonna be the same case for PS5), but one major reason why most people will still stick with the consoles is because of convenience. They don't have to deal with the hassle that comes with PC gaming, where we see people constantly encountering problems you just don't see nearly as much if at all on the console.

I understand the convenience of console gaming. I used to be an avid console gamer for many years. I sold my xbox one a few years back because I was just tired of paying a monthly online subscription and the lack of exclusives really did not make much sense for me to keep playing on it. I disagree with your statement about next generation consoles being more powerful. Just recently Nvidia made a statement that the Mobile RTX 2080 MAX Q will be more powerfull than an xbox series x and ps5.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I understand the convenience of console gaming. I used to be an avid console gamer for many years. I sold my xbox one a few years back because I was just tired of paying a monthly online subscription and the lack of exclusives really did not make much sense for me to keep playing on it. I disagree with your statement about next generation consoles being more powerful. Just recently Nvidia made a statement that the Mobile RTX 2080 MAX Q will be more powerfull than an xbox series x and ps5.

Yeah, he also claimed the 2080 is more powerful than the new consoles. We know how petty Nvidia's CEO can get with his past statements. So one must ponder if he would be talking this much trash about the consoles if they were powered by Nvidia components instead. Sounds like this has more to do with him just being salty that they decided to go with AMD this time more than anything he's saying being a fact. Suffice it to say, its still a huge leap forward in horse power from previous consoles. And like I said before, its easier for a developer to squeeze more out of a console than a PC even if its somewhat less powerful.