Question PC wakes up from sleep when there's a Windows update

Xenone

Reputable
May 19, 2016
I had this issue for a while now, where my PC will wake up from sleep in the middle of the night and wake me up because there's a Windows update. I had this issue for about 3 years now and had it on two different motherboards and builds (my previous motherboard had water damage due to CPU block o-ring failure so I though that was the issue but I'm having the same issue on freshly new built).

I put my PC to sleep every night when I go to sleep and only end up restarting it once a month after it starts to get slow and for Windows update, but it seems every time I get the task bar notification about "Your PC needs to restart for Windows update" and I put the computer to sleep, it will wake up from sleep after 2-3 hours until I update it or turn it off. This has been driving me crazy. Not sure what the solution to this is. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

I had this issue for a while now, where my PC will wake up from sleep in the middle of the night and wake me up because there's a Windows update. I had this issue for about 3 years now and had it on two different motherboards and builds (my previous motherboard had water damage due to CPU block o-ring failure so I though that was the issue but I'm having the same issue on freshly new built).

I put my PC to sleep every night when I go to sleep and only end up restarting it once a month after it starts to get slow and for Windows update, but it seems every time I get the task bar notification about "Your PC needs to restart for Windows update" and I put the computer to sleep, it will wake up from sleep after 2-3 hours until I update it or turn it off. This has been driving me crazy. Not sure what the solution to this is. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.
Change Active Hours in Settings

TRENDING THREADS