Question PC Was Fine, Now Will Not Post

Brett4u6

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
My PC has worked fine for four years. Suddenly one morning it will not post. No PSU or case fans, mobo lights...nothing.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
CPU: i7-6700k
RAM: G Skill DDR4 2400 2x8gb
Graphics: EVGA GTX1070
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

I've walked through the the No Post checklist and most does not apply as this system has worked for years so not a build issue, something failed.

I initially think the PSU has died, so I try one from another working systems and get the same result. I also try the suspect PSU in the other working system and it posts. I stick with the original PSU.

I then suspect bad RAM so I try each stick individually with the same results.

I now suspect a bad mobo. I've been thinking of an upgrade so I replace it with a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro and i7-9600KF. All other components the same. I get it all set up and damned if I don't get the same result. When I turn on the PSU power switch the mobo logos light up briefly then go out. When I hit the case power switch the case fan LED's flash once, then I hear a relay click in the PSU and all is dead.

Can a bad H100i AIO cooler prevent post? A bad graphics card? I don't think its the RAM unless both sticks failed. Is my case cursed? Do i need to take up knitting instead?

TRENDING THREADS